So we recently came back from a 3 week hiatus back to our NYC apartment and found a dead mouse on a glue trap. We noticed that there were droppings in our kids room the next day (we didnr bother checking for droppings in the bed bc the mouse was caught on the opposite side of the apartment.

My daughter found two droppings on her pillow the next morning and there was a dropping by my sons bed as well. They basically slept next to or on the droppings!

Im so paranoid right now about hantavirus since incubation period is 1-8 weeks. We are one week down and I'm thinking i need to call their doctor. My husband and i slept in their beds too so we were close to it. My son has diarrhea and my throat hurts.

I dont want to put my 2 yr old son or my 5 yr old daughter through blood tests....you think it'd be worth it if my husband or i got tested?

We cleaned droppings that day and sprayed all clothes with lysol and washed all beddings (waited a week and kept in hamper)but who knows how long those droppings were there.

What are the odds of getting hantavirus or should I just call a doctor?