Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Bowel Cancer symptoms come and go?

Can Bowel Cancer symptoms come and go?

Ok I am struggling very badly with anxiety again.

I had constipation a few weeks ago. Don’t know why but obviously assume BC. Then eventually I go and there’s a bit of blood.

Go to doctors they say I have a fissure (I don’t see how I do as it never hurts).

Anyway, stools kind of go back to normal though a week later and there’s another tiny bit of blood. (Don’t really want to describe how I know there’s blood on it lol, my anxiety is making me do wrong things).

I have taken to recording everyday what they are like according to the Bristol stool chart and for about a week they were in the 3-5 range so I was slowly getting happier again. Then yesterday they were a 1 on the chart (constipation) and I have not yet been today.

I read a story where a ladies only symptom of BC was constipation.

Either I have BC or my ADs have stopped working so I am in a very dark place right now

Re: Can Bowel Cancer symptoms come and go?

I haven’t had any more blood for maybe a couple of weeks

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

You need to stop documenting your poo sessions, take a laxative and be done with it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

You need to stop documenting your poo sessions, take a laxative and be done with it.

Positive thoughts
    Omg documenting poo sessions I shouldn’t laugh but hahaha!

It is becoming a very unhealthy obsession. I had a few months where I would flush toilet without looking in the bowl but since my constipation I cannot help it.

Because the intense happiness I get when things look normal in there keep me doing it when I’m convinced I have BC

Try treating the constipation and things will settle.

It doesn't sound like Bowel cancer.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by HA1989 View Post
    I read a story where a ladies only symptom of BC was constipation.
    The majority of people with constipation do not have bowel cancer!

Either I have BC or my ADs have stopped working so I am in a very dark place right now
    I'd forget about bowel cancer and focus on your mental health issue because that's the only certainty here.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    The majority of people with constipation do not have bowel cancer!

I'd forget about bowel cancer and focus on your mental health issue because that's the only certainty here.
    Thank you for your comment.

I am just so obsessed with wanting to go to the toilet normally every day so as soon as I don’t it triggers my anxiety. For example I have eaten blueberries and kefir yoghurt for breakfast and lots of water and wondering why I don’t need to go to the toilet.

I have stopped taking my ADs in case it is them that is causing it. I know this is bad but I can’t really see what they are doing to help at the minute

Thank you for your comment.

I am just so obsessed with wanting to go to the toilet normally every day so as soon as I don’t it triggers my anxiety. For example I have eaten blueberries and kefir yoghurt for breakfast and lots of water and wondering why I don’t need to go to the toilet.

I have stopped taking my ADs in case it is them that is causing it. I know this is bad but I can’t really see what they are doing to help at the minute
    Don't stop taking your meds mate. Antidepressants can cause constipation so you address the constipation - you don't stop taking the meds, That's asking for trouble.

Try some magnesium citrate (but not too much or you'll get the shits) or some pineapple juice (again, not too much) or some OTC laxatives.

I take co-codamol for migraines etc and my colon goes on strike for days after. Certain meds will do this. Don't overthink it.

Ok I strained to go and there was more blood. This is just like the other user that ended up with BC! I rang 111 service and have an emergency appointment.

I am going to pay for a private colonoscopy after my appointment today

Ok I strained to go and there was more blood. This is just like the other user that ended up with BC! I rang 111 service and have an emergency appointment.

I am going to pay for a private colonoscopy after my appointment today
    You are completely overreacting, but, it's your money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information