Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Bowel Cancer symptoms come and go?

Re: Can Bowel Cancer symptoms come and go?

I really hope I am. I had panic attack at work so HR have brought me to hospital.

Even if this is just health anxiety it is one of the most debilitating illnesses.

I am not disregarding what you say, I just like to talk to you people as you understand what I’m going through where as everyone else thinks I’m completely crazy

Quote Originally Posted by HA1989 View Post

Even if this is just health anxiety it is one of the most debilitating illnesses.
    No such thing as 'just' health anxiety in my book. HA brought me to my knees - to actual mental breakdown. I feel for you. You have my empathy. It's a given. But, also, I can see what you are unable to at this point - which is that you can get better from this, and also what you need do to achieve it.

I am not disregarding what you say, I just like to talk to you people as you understand what I’m going through where as everyone else thinks I’m completely crazy
    The problem is that, unfortunately, the thinking habits with HA are often reinforced by talking to people who 'understand it' but have never successfully controlled it.

Yes, it helps to know that people 'get it' but it's temporary relief. If you want to get out of this hell you're in, you're going to have to be proactive cocker, and that's the bottom (sorry) line.

I've been where you are. A&E. Emergency appointments. Overwhelming fear. I've been there - all with my little boy beside me.

Today will come and go. This 'emergency' will come and go and most likely amount to nothing because this is most likely a constipation issue. Nothing you've said makes me think otherwise. I'm no doctor but I have been through the whole HA bowel cancer circus. My husband has blood in his poo and he was fast tracked because he also had severe anaemia and VitB12 issues. He doesn't have cancer - even with 'scary' flags like that - he had pernicious anaemia (under control now) and a pile which bleeds every time he strains.

I wish you all the very best in getting your HA under control.

Thank you.

The emergency appointment didn’t really become anything as they were not obviously able to do tests there and then, it was just a case of “book in with your GP”.

I didn’t realise the private colonoscopy costs £2700 lol I thought it was £600 but now I think that was the cost of a brain scan I was looking at ages ago.

I’m so fearful of going to the toilet now so that isn’t going to help my constipation.

It’s really bad of me I know but I can’t stop reading the thread on this website of the lady who thought she had piles and had BC. I hope she is doing ok now.

You must have really had to search for that one thread though? You were looking for a thread which confirmed your worst fears. This isn't going to help you manage your own situation and you really do have to keep things in perspective and not spiral to the worst case scenario.

There are so many threads on here which could help you rationalise your symptoms. Why not look at them instead?

Quote Originally Posted by HA1989 View Post
    Thank you.

The emergency appointment didn’t really become anything as they were not obviously able to do tests there and then, it was just a case of “book in with your GP”.
    Yep. I was arse-probed by an Australian doctor, packed off home with a prescription for anal suppositories (and pile cream) and told to report to my GP after a week.

I didn’t realise the private colonoscopy costs £2700 lol I thought it was £600 but now I think that was the cost of a brain scan I was looking at ages ago.
    Just found that one out myself lol - almost fell off my chair in shock! Needless to say - I'm going on that enormous NHS waiting list!

I’m so fearful of going to the toilet now so that isn’t going to help my constipation.
    No, it won't. You really want to address this as your going ti make the situation a lot worse!

It’s really bad of me I know but I can’t stop reading the thread on this website of the lady who thought she had piles and had BC. I hope she is doing ok now.
    This forum?

This is ONE story. You don't have all the facts and you don't know the outcome which could be that this person is alive and well. I have one relative who had BC (in my ENTIRE family) and she lived for another 40 years! (93 when she died)

I do not want to be the guy here that fuels fears. YET ..someone here wrote that symptoms in bowel cancer do not come and go.Ehm.. guess again, it does 9 times out of 10 for a very long time in many people.
    Also people telling you when you are 40 or so you are very young to get colon/bowel cancer. Sure it is young but it happens more often than not the past 10 yrs. Did you ever looked into the patient stories colon cancer site of Australia? Most stories there are of people in their 20's and 30's and 40's. Please stop the BS that you cant have colon cancer at those ages. And BLOOD is always important to check out.

Bowel cancer symptoms can fluctuate, with periods of symptoms followed by symptom-free intervals. However, any persistent or concerning symptoms should be promptly evaluated by a healthcare professional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information