Thread: Heart racing and tingling over my body. Shaky hands

Heart racing and tingling over my body. Shaky hands

Hi all,

I've been experiencing these symptoms for about four days now. Finally called up my doctor who I will see tomorrow. I keep feeling tingling all over my body and face. I feel like my heart keeps racing. My hands will shake and sometimes I will feel cold. I sometimes feel pains in my legs and arms. I'm sure sometimes I'm really going to end up having a heart attack or have some sort of heart problem which worries me even more.

This is not constant. There are times when I'm just sitting there relaxing where I start to feel a little bit better. However, it is pretty much something that occurs throughout my day and I will confess I will focus on it all day. I will sometimes wake up with the heart racing too.

I already have congenital heart disease so this worries me even more that something is happening to my heart or that I have another problem like multiple sclerosis with the tingling over my body. I have a heart check up, but that is not until December. My mom told me that hyperventilation can cause these types of symptoms, but I don't know how it could be hyperventilating because I am not taking really short breaths or anything. Does anyone on here have any of these symptoms and it turned out to be anxiety?

Re: Heart racing and tingling over my body. Shaky hands

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    It is kind of related, because my health anxiety is getting so much worse. I always am afraid I have a new illness practically every week. I can't afford therapy. I want to get help.

Quote Originally Posted by rachlexis13 View Post
    I can't afford therapy. I want to get help.
    But you can afford to see a medical doctor?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm just not going to post on here anymore. Everytime I post on here, everyone is rude and mocks me. I came here for support. I'm not going to post anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rachlexis13 View Post
    I'm just not going to post on here anymore. Everytime I post on here, everyone is rude and mocks me. I came here for support. I'm not going to post anymore.
    Rachel, I don't think people are mocking you. They're trying to help you to see reason. When you have HA you are more likely to remember the posts which piss you off (because truth touches nerves) than those which pander to (and reinforce) our fears.

Stick around cocker. X

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Rachel, I don't think people are mocking you. They're trying to help you to see reason. When you have HA you are more likely to remember the posts which piss you off (because truth touches nerves) than those which pander to (and reinforce) our fears.

Stick around cocker. X
    I was hoping for support on here is all. Not someone who is mocking me and saying 'but you can afford to see a doctor?'. You don't know my financial situation or insurance. It just sounds condescending and I found out recently I have POTS syndrome. It was not all in my head and just anxiety with these symptoms.

Thread Information