Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Acts of Kindness, or God?

Random Acts of Kindness, or God?

Before you have a good chuckle and my lunacy hear me out a second. I've had many occasions where "good luck" has blessed me.

One time a friend sent me a valuable musical instrument at one of my lowest points. Another time a friend sent me £300 to help me out financially. And today a friend helped me out of a financial pickle. There's been more occasions.

But, with every one of these "good luck" occasions it's been when I've been practicing religion. When I've felt a connection to God, and I've felt like I'm on the right track spiritually.

I have read prayer can change energy levels, and in turn influence good things to happen to you. There has been studies on this.

Today was another one of those good acts. I had some issues with finances, work is obsolete at the moment. I was doing my Salat al Asr prayer and while I was doing it my Telegram messenger was going "ding, ding, ding". I let it wait. I got to the computer to see a friend had put money into my bank.

I didn't ask for it, or expect it. It was a random act of kindness.

Meditation is also said to do the same thing and boost positive energy.

Over and out.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Random Acts of Kindness, or God?

Are you Muslim,Wired

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Before you have a good chuckle and my lunacy hear me out a second. I've had many occasions where "good luck" has blessed me.

One time a friend sent me a valuable musical instrument at one of my lowest points. Another time a friend sent me £300 to help me out financially. And today a friend helped me out of a financial pickle. There's been more occasions.
    Don't know about luck mate but you've definitely been blessed with great friends.

But, with every one of these "good luck" occasions it's been when I've been practicing religion. When I've felt a connection to God, and I've felt like I'm on the right track spiritually.
    I don't do religion. Too complicated. Too open to negative interpretation and abusive gits. I respect people's faith though. I do consider a higher power - call it God or whatever you like - and I always feel on the right track when I do stuff for others, and also when I take better care of myself. Even stepping aside to let somebody go before me at Tescos makes me feel all fuzzy inside (and that aint when I've taken me meds)

I have read prayer can change energy levels, and in turn influence good things to happen to you. There has been studies on this.
    Indeed. Give it all over to a higher power, I say.

Or do the manifestation thingy?

I didn't ask for it, or expect it. It was a random act of kindness.
    When this happens, it certainly helps to put back some faith in humanity because it can get very dark out there..

Meditation is also said to do the same thing and boost positive energy.
    There are certain things which affect us as a whole (on a physical, mental, and spiritual level) and I think we know when this happens. It's like we're connecting into something much bigger than what we can see or hear. Mediation is a way of connecting to the universe as is prayer. There are many ways to connect. I like it when I feel plugged into the bigger picture.

P.S if you're a loon, then so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Are you Muslim,Wired
    Yup

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Don't know about luck mate but you've definitely been blessed with great friends.
    Indeed. I thought I had no friends. I've not met up with this friend in over 2 years. Those friends that reached out to me have very kind hearts.

I don't do religion. Too complicated. Too open to negative interpretation and abusive gits. I respect people's faith though. I do consider a higher power - call it God or whatever you like - and I always feel on the right track when I do stuff for others, and also when I take better care of myself. Even stepping aside to let somebody go before me at Tescos makes me feel all fuzzy inside (and that aint when I've taken me meds)
    Indeed. Give it all over to a higher power, I say.

Or do the manifestation thingy?
    Religion can be very complicated. I don't get into the politics of religion. The life journey is a very personal one and we do what we feel is right to make it through.

When this happens, it certainly helps to put back some faith in humanity because it can get very dark out there..

There are certain things which affect us as a whole (on a physical, mental, and spiritual level) and I think we know when this happens. It's like we're connecting into something much bigger than what we can see or hear. Mediation is a way of connecting to the universe as is prayer. There are many ways to connect. I like it when I feel plugged into the bigger picture.

P.S if you're a loon, then so am I.
    You hit the nail on the head there Nora.

I'm not sure if I'm correct, but medication came from the Buddhists? Or was it the Sikhs? I don't know. But, it's very interesting non the less.

AnxietyJoe does meditation I believe. Maybe he can post something relating to that.

Do you meditate?

☪️️

Hi Wired, I'm a Christian, and my thoughts are that yes -God wants to bless you because He loves you! I don't believe in energies, but I do believe there are certain 'laws' that God put there, and I believe the good people do to us is all essentially from Him! Prayer is also said to help stress levels -I personally believe it's because we're not made to go solo, but to give our cares to a God who loves us. So I suppose when people meditate (even though I don't do it in that way) it's a case of perhaps forgetting those worries. Anyway, going off subject now! Interesting post!

Yes James, meditation branched out from it's origins in India. We commonly know of the form in Buddhism and there is Transcendental too which fell out of fashion years ago due to internal squabbles in the West. But there are lesser known forms around you come across involved in the practices of other nations.

Logically I could argue against the receipt of gifts in this manner but I don't think it matters if you have faith. It's not hurting anyone to believe in a higher power in such a positive way and you're not arguing it means you sit & wait for such gifts. The person giving receives thanks and you find more faith from it.

So, if you want to believe the good in people springs from a higher source that's a lot more positive than believing nothing. I'm not religious but I have faith in what we can do because my experience is filled with people who are good. The bad is always less on the whole and no matter what religion or beliefs I think most people will do something for loved ones or a stranger when the time comes. It's why we have so many caring professions. Whether some higher power put it there or not means less to me than the fact as a species we do work together.

Like Nora I find it very helpful to do something for someone else. A simple act of kindness or decency like opening a door for someone gives me a boost. It's healthy for our mental health which we really need.

I've always been someone who likes watching others open presents than getting them myself. To see people you care about happy is one of the best feelings and as a dad I bet you know that one very well.

A very thoughtful post Terry, thank you. I follow your sentiments too.

Whether some higher power put it there or not means less to me than the fact as a species we do work together.
    I love this this bit. Humans together can be more positive, more caring, which leads to an increase in global happiness over all. In my opinion what stops us doing this is the race divide, the religion divide, the wealth class divide, the political divide, the gender divide. The more divided we are the less we can work together.

which fell out of fashion years ago due to internal squabbles in the West
    Do you mean like less people doing meditation, less people doing positive spiritual activities, and less people praying?

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post

I'm not sure if I'm correct, but medication came from the Buddhists? Or was it the Sikhs? I don't know. But, it's very interesting non the less.

AnxietyJoe does meditation I believe. Maybe he can post something relating to that.

Do you meditate?
    MediTation came from Buddhists....or Sikhs, depends on your definition.

Even now, I'm still trying to figure out what meditation does. It's basically just 'awareness'.

I'm not religious at all, I don't believe in any God. However, meditation has taught me that I have a connection with the Universe that I cannot explain, and things happen that I cannot explain that cannot be dismissed as coincidence. This is related to literature I have been reading lately about quantum physics (which I cannot even begin to full understand).

My brain has made a parallel between 'woo-woo' law of attraction/manifestation theories and prayer. Is religion just the observation of the law of attraction at work, explained away as a divine being? I have no idea, but the parallel is there. The idea that what you need is within your grasp if you 'believe' hard enough. I'm on the fence, but I do believe there is more to life than just cause and effect.

The problem with science is that it only proves what it can describe. The rest we have to just 'believe' in. For example gravity, it's undeniable right? But science still can't describe the process, we don't know how it works.

Oh, meditation, right.....

So...if we CAN have some control over our destiny by our thoughts alone (we are what we think etc), then meditation is possibly the best mental tool to put you in a space where you can accurately assess what your current 'reality' is.

I misspelled "meditation" 3 times and auto correct put it as medication. I went through each one replacing "medication" with "meditation".

Good post Joe. Thank you

☪️️

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information