Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
If I were you I'd focus on one thing at a time, and practice getting that one thing into a routine. Start by getting up a 9am every day, and get ready straight away. Don't look at your phone or switch any computers on. Get up, have a crap, brush your teeth, have a wash/shower and get dressed. It's such an important mental message for the rest of the day, even if the day ends up being unproductive.

In terms of music, you have to start by creating an identifiable 'brand'. I don't mean the vomit inducing forced branding you see on Youtube all the time (Andrew Huang for example), but just be yourself. Content doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be fun to watch. One of my favourite Youtube channels is Vegetable Conspiracies, the guy has a 'health' channel but he is absolutely hilarious. He also has a secondary camera channel called....you guessed it.......Camera Conspiracies. The first 10 seconds of this tells you all you need to know about why I adore him....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8i8...raConspiracies

And, about my studio. I think the thing to consider is this...two things actually....I'm nearly 50 and I don't drink, smoke, gamble or drive expensive cars. Also....it's literally my job. If I were a plumber my van and equipment would cost waaaaay more than this studio. If you turn it into an income, it's not expensive.
Cheers Joe that was some sound advice there. Thank you. Going to check out this guy now.

You remember the early "boy in a band" on Youtube? He was cringe worthy to listen to but now he's milking the cash cow.

I've been thinking of a persona. I don't want to show my face, but having my face on cam would be better. I thought about playing a character as a "hoodlum" wearing those full face masks they wear. Popular in UK Drill music. Like I'm hiding my identity.

I love that puppet that teaches music, mixing and mastering. What's his name now. It's on the tip of my tongue. You've most likely definitely seen his videos. The realist puppet or something. They're also milking the cash cow.

I think a unique identity/character is important.