Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Acts of Kindness, or God?

Re: Random Acts of Kindness, or God?

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Go back to Ableton Live ffs.

/shudder
    It's going to need a repurchase I might save up and get a push and Ableton mid next year. I wish I didn't sell it now.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Push is fantastic. Expensive, but build quality is superb.

Luckily the job allows me 50% 'artist' discount.

Push is fantastic. Expensive, but build quality is superb.

Luckily the job allows me 50% 'artist' discount.
    The push 2 is solid yeah. I shall order via you then

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Sadly no can do unfortunately. Only one allowed, I already checked lol.

Sadly no can do unfortunately. Only one allowed, I already checked lol.
    Joe we should run a music blog reviewing hardware, software and sample packs. I did it before with sample packs and earned commission from Loopmasters. In total was £1700 but I ended up in HMP at the time and haven't done it since. But on the plus side you get to review hardware and software for free and sometimes you'll even get to keep it At the time I could get any Loopmaster pack I wanted for free.

I knew a girl that write a travel blog. She'd go on holiday and write about her time, the hotel etc. She had 3 articles on her site and she was picked up by numerous travel agencies, hotels, restaurants etc. She now travels the world for free and most things on her trip are free too. It was a complete accident, that turned into a lucrative business.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Joe we should run a music blog reviewing hardware, software and sample packs. I did it before with sample packs and earned commission from Loopmasters. In total was £1700 but I ended up in HMP at the time and haven't done it since. But on the plus side you get to review hardware and software for free and sometimes you'll even get to keep it At the time I could get any Loopmaster pack I wanted for free.

I knew a girl that write a travel blog. She'd go on holiday and write about her time, the hotel etc. She had 3 articles on her site and she was picked up by numerous travel agencies, hotels, restaurants etc. She now travels the world for free and most things on her trip are free too. It was a complete accident, that turned into a lucrative business.

That's pretty much what I do for one of the online portals. I haven't really paid for software for years, and I get the odd bit of hardware gratis too.

There's a lot of mileage in you doing this on Youtube though.

I have video work lined up well into the new year and I've just finished a bit of sound design for them too. I'm so busy I've had to print off a bloody day to day task scheduler lol.

Fair play Joe! I've got a Rode NT that's sat here since I got it with so many videos to voice over. Remember I was banging on about getting one for ages, then I finally get it and it doesn't get used. I don't even use my camera anymore.

Brother, your studio is thee best one I've seen.

Do you write a lot? I really struggle to stay motivated to write regular. I was planning to do the Loopmasters idea with producersamples.com but I let the domain drop and did nothing with it. Fairly busy myself this past week or 2. I really need to start planning my days to get things done.

Any tips on not procrastinating would be useful. Sticking to the task at hand. Any ideas?

☪️️

Fair play Joe! I've got a Rode NT that's sat here since I got it with so many videos to voice over. Remember I was banging on about getting one for ages, then I finally get it and it doesn't get used. I don't even use my camera anymore.

Brother, your studio is thee best one I've seen.

Do you write a lot? I really struggle to stay motivated to write regular. I was planning to do the Loopmasters idea with producersamples.com but I let the domain drop and did nothing with it. Fairly busy myself this past week or 2. I really need to start planning my days to get things done.

Any tips on not procrastinating would be useful. Sticking to the task at hand. Any ideas?

Really one of the best things you can do is establish a morning routine. I'm not the best at this myself tbh, but it's something I've been trying to reconcile recently. I have a day to day planner printed out with tasks set in 30 minute blocks. But the morning routine is key, and for me it's mostly about a combination of visualisation and meditation. I'm still on the fence about the law of attraction stuff, but I'm completely open to the idea that visualising a goal as if it had already happened is likely to be a form of pre-programming of the brain. In other words you're pre-warming your tyres for the task at hand.

In terms of writing, not so much. Since it became a job the muse kind of left me. I do a lot of demo stuff for the sound design, but that's often to spec, and not really creative in the way I'd like it to be.

I think a Youtube channel from you would be good, especially based around music. You have a solid fundamental talent for it, and you could really play on the 'mad *******' aspect of your personality. I know I do.....

I've actually got rid of a lot of the hardware as is was proving to be a massive distraction. I focused on getting the monitors set up in exactly the right spot to get the best mixing position....

126371508_3530351640377968_528175066795675426_o.jpg

The law of attraction is very interesting. I need to continue with my reading on that. I do agree a morning routine really helps to kickstart the day but I struggle to get up before 10am most days. I sleep late. I'm trying to restart my sleeping pattern. Oddly when I don't take my meds my sleep pattern returns.

I feel the same way with writing. I enjoy doing it when there is no goal in mind. But, when there's a deadline attached, or money, it does feel like a bit of a chore. Realistically I could write all day and probably make good money in the long run, but my brain just doesn't want to do it. I prefer talking to a microphone. It's easier.

You're right. A music channel would be fantastic. Most of the youth are on Fruity Loops so I'm all set. Just need to spend a while with it and learn it.

It's the theory I'm interested in teaching. Teaching chord progressions for lofi hip hop, or how to write neo soul progressions in the piano roll. I think stuff like that could work. I'm going to get on with doing this. You've just reminded me. Thank you for positive words, it really helps my confidence.

Although you've slimmed down that still looks beautiful. Those monitors are worth more than my entire setup! fml.

☪️️

The law of attraction is very interesting. I need to continue with my reading on that. I do agree a morning routine really helps to kickstart the day but I struggle to get up before 10am most days. I sleep late. I'm trying to restart my sleeping pattern. Oddly when I don't take my meds my sleep pattern returns.

I feel the same way with writing. I enjoy doing it when there is no goal in mind. But, when there's a deadline attached, or money, it does feel like a bit of a chore. Realistically I could write all day and probably make good money in the long run, but my brain just doesn't want to do it. I prefer talking to a microphone. It's easier.

You're right. A music channel would be fantastic. Most of the youth are on Fruity Loops so I'm all set. Just need to spend a while with it and learn it.

It's the theory I'm interested in teaching. Teaching chord progressions for lofi hip hop, or how to write neo soul progressions in the piano roll. I think stuff like that could work. I'm going to get on with doing this. You've just reminded me. Thank you for positive words, it really helps my confidence.

Although you've slimmed down that still looks beautiful. Those monitors are worth more than my entire setup! fml.
    If I were you I'd focus on one thing at a time, and practice getting that one thing into a routine. Start by getting up a 9am every day, and get ready straight away. Don't look at your phone or switch any computers on. Get up, have a crap, brush your teeth, have a wash/shower and get dressed. It's such an important mental message for the rest of the day, even if the day ends up being unproductive.

In terms of music, you have to start by creating an identifiable 'brand'. I don't mean the vomit inducing forced branding you see on Youtube all the time (Andrew Huang for example), but just be yourself. Content doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be fun to watch. One of my favourite Youtube channels is Vegetable Conspiracies, the guy has a 'health' channel but he is absolutely hilarious. He also has a secondary camera channel called....you guessed it.......Camera Conspiracies. The first 10 seconds of this tells you all you need to know about why I adore him....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8i8...raConspiracies

And, about my studio. I think the thing to consider is this...two things actually....I'm nearly 50 and I don't drink, smoke, gamble or drive expensive cars. Also....it's literally my job. If I were a plumber my van and equipment would cost waaaaay more than this studio. If you turn it into an income, it's not expensive.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information