Thread: Went running while it is cold outside. Now have cough but concerned it is COVID.

Went running while it is cold outside. Now have cough but concerned it is COVID.

Hello everyone,

So yesterday I went running for a mile and a half. The weather was cold and there was very low humidity (20%) in the air. Afterwards, I started coughing and clearing my throat quite a bit. This morning I woke up with a dry scratchy throat which has dissipated. I am still clearing my throat and coughing a little. Have some mucus.

My temperature seems normal and my oxygen levels are good (98-97 range per my oximeter) even though I am feeling shortness of breath occasionally (Thanks anxiety)

I work from home and rarely go out except to the grocery store and appointments.

As much as I dislike warm humid weather, I really don't like cold dry weather because the cold air gets in my lungs and makes me cough. I am still worried it is COVID though even though I have been not in close contact with anyone except my parents and they don't go out much.

Any thoughts?

Re: Went running while it is cold outside. Now have cough but concerned it is COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by THoltz View Post

Any thoughts?

Yes mate, get help.

You overreact to every sensation you experience. You need to get on top of it.

Re: Went running while it is cold outside. Now have cough but concerned it is COVID.

Surely going for a run outside in the cold can't automatically cause Covid.

A. Symptoms don't start straight away, onset is at the very least after 2 days.

B. Provided you've been sticking to all the appropriate social distancing and mask wearing inside indoor public places, your risks of catching Covid should (at worst) be extremely negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by THoltz View Post

So yesterday I went running for a mile and a half. The weather was cold and there was very low humidity (20%) in the air. Afterwards, I started coughing and clearing my throat quite a bit.
    I really don't like cold dry weather because the cold air gets in my lungs and makes me cough.
    Case closed M'lud.

Thread Information