Thread: Current situation: Heart/throat related

Current situation: Heart/throat related

Hello all
    Not sure where to turn really. I remembered this site from years ago and I found it massively helped me normalise what I was feeling and know that I wasn't going crazy. So here goes.
    I've always suffered with some level of anxiety and usually it's directed to my health.
    I've been stable for quite some time but I have found myself falling back into the constant fear and worry.
    I am 31 year old male. A smoker but trying to quit.
    Since around June, I've noticed that when I do any kind of physical exercise/movement such as just going up the stairs, I can feel my heartbeat pulse though my neck. This is still happening now.
    I had a video appointment with the GP who said that as I don't have a history of heart problems and my age that I shouldn't be so worried.
    The pulse is usually felt hard around and above the collar bone. This lasts a few seconds until my heart rate slows down.

Fast forward to now, I am still experiencing this. My throat feels as if something is stuck in it all the time.
    When my heart does pulse hard around my neck/collarbone I can see the pulse in my neck on both sides.

I have regular palpitations usually on a daily basis.

Has anyone else experienced this? What steps did you take. I feel like i am losing my mind and with COVID 19 around I am worried about going to seek any more health support.

Kind regards

Adam

Re: Current situation: Heart/throat related

Did you have a previous login? Please PM me and let me know.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh my gosh. I literally came here to post about the same thing! You can visibly see my heartbeat right about my collarbone. It has me in an absolute panic! Have you been able to find a cause for this?!

I have this too!!!!! Im 25yo male. is it the right collerbone and does it goes up and down whilst lying flat in bed? i think ectopic beats are the cause of this because sometimes when the heart pauses due to an ectopic beat. the heart fills up with a lot of blood than normally due to the pause, which means when it does beat it has to push more blood out which results in a more intense beat. hence why the neck would feel more full with this.
    This is what i think is happening with me anyway.

Thread Information