Hi i am Liam, a 15 year old boy from the UK. At school we have to wear a Mask when moving around the corridors and sometimes even during a lesson. I have had a hard time with masks, i don't like them and i find that i can't breath in them and yesterday at school i had a panic attack while wearing the mask, i have had a few already but this one was worse then before. I had to take the mask off. Anyway i was seen by a teacher and questioned about why i wasn't wearing a mask, i explained because i can't breath in them and that i had a panic attack, the teacher took me to see the head teacher and i was given 2 weeks on detention as a punishment for taking the mask off. I tried to explain again about why i took the mask off but the head teacher just wouldn't even listen and said that taking the mask off is punishable and i have to do 2 weeks detention and that's it.

Why i'm making this post is to ask for any advice, how can i deal with this problem? i really find it distressing and what happens next time i have a panic attack? if i take my mask off again i'll probably get another bunch of detentions. I don't think its fair, i have a genuine problem with the mask but no one offers any support, instead i am just punished

Also when i told my mum about it she wasn't even very supportive either and she told me that she hopes i'll learn a lesson from being on detention for 2 weeks and she lectured me about how important it is to wear a mask! i feel depressed and anxious, i wish we could go back to how life was before covid.