Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi i am new here, i already made one thread. I am Liam, a 15 year old schoolboy from London Uk. I live with my mum and my two sisters and i sometimes suffer with anxiety and panic attacks and depression. I first had a panic attack when i was struggling with school work and lately i get anxious about covid-19 and wearing a mask. My mum is quite strict with me and sometimes i get grounded for getting poor grades at school or for just doing badly at school. So i try to behave and work hard and do the work but i still struggle a lot sometimes and then she grounds me. She struggles as a single mum, my dad is not around. She also does not seem very supportive when i tell her i get anxious and depressed and when i have a panic attack. Also i go to an all boys school and i feel scared to admit that i have anxiety and panic attacks because i feel like boys are supposed to be tough and not show weakness, i don't want to be mocked and laughed at by my friends but its hard, sometimes i really want to talk to someone and get support.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Liam2021 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi

Bless you Liam you are having a tough time, you need to sit down with your mum and let her know how bad its affecting you, your mum has probably just got a lot on being one parent family must be hard, and please don't think you are weak for opening up its quite the opposite its a sign of strength we are here too help you xx take care xx

Quote Originally Posted by Liam2021 View Post
    Hi i am new here, i already made one thread. I am Liam, a 15 year old schoolboy from London Uk. I live with my mum and my two sisters and i sometimes suffer with anxiety and panic attacks and depression. I first had a panic attack when i was struggling with school work and lately i get anxious about covid-19 and wearing a mask. My mum is quite strict with me and sometimes i get grounded for getting poor grades at school or for just doing badly at school. So i try to behave and work hard and do the work but i still struggle a lot sometimes and then she grounds me. She struggles as a single mum, my dad is not around. She also does not seem very supportive when i tell her i get anxious and depressed and when i have a panic attack. Also i go to an all boys school and i feel scared to admit that i have anxiety and panic attacks because i feel like boys are supposed to be tough and not show weakness, i don't want to be mocked and laughed at by my friends but its hard, sometimes i really want to talk to someone and get support.
    Hi Liam & welcome to NMP, sorry to hear you’re going through such a tough time at the moment, a lot of people just don’t understand what it is to feel anxious, depressed & panicky so have no way of knowing how to deal with it & offer help, most of us here know exactly what its like, so if you need to talk we’re here for you. Take care.

Hi Liam - You aren't alone feeling the way you do at school. I felt the same way - swamped and nameless. Is there ONE teacher you feel you can approach and talk to? Don't be afraid to go to her/him. If it's awkward to talk, hand them a written message first and arrange a meeting, if only to get help finding a counsellor. I can hear that you need somebody to talk with, in a neutral situation really, if it's too loaded at school. I know it sounds weird but what about a church, synagogue, mosque or temple? Also there are anonymous helplines like Childline you can call or chat online and get counselling - that is a safe space for you, and you'll get lots of support and advice here on the forums and chatrooms You are already courageous just in posting this - it takes a lot. And you've expressed your feeling well Writing is a good way of getting your feelings out so keep writing! Wishing you well, be strong and kind to yourself, and please be careful to not let anybody take advantage of your vulnerability.

Thread Information