Hello!

I had a huge panic attack on Sunday 8/11. The hospital gave me 5mg diazepam and I thought nothing of it. After taking it I was allowed home and went to sleep. 48 hours later and I was back at the hospital with another racing heart episode. Wasn’t given anything, just sent home. But since then my heart has been racing constantly although I don’t feel anxious. 1 whole week later and I feel even more awful. I didn't sleep the following Sunday, then I had a day of panic and racing heart, then a day of normal, then today I’m back to no sleep and racing heart. I can’t eat, i’ve lost quite a bit of weight, anything I do eat causes a racing heart and then a lot of uncomfortable feeling in my stomach and I seem to have developed an internal tremor. I wish i’d never taken it.

He did say the 5mg was a bit much for me (i’m about 8 1/2 stone) as it made me feel really woozy. I’ve done research and Wiki says this effect has been seen “in animals”.

What should I do? I never felt like this before diazepam. I had anxiety but never this bad.