Hello. I know I am getting out of hand with my HA. Every single day is a new fear. But in my mind these fears are justified and my voice of reason loses the battle. Yesterday my dog got really ill and needed emergency surgery. Basically a tumour started bleeding internally. When it started at home he was vomiting and bleeding , so I put my hand in his mouth to check if he had swallowed something. He accidentally bit me. After the panic of taking him to the vets, his operation etc. I had to go to the hospital as my bite was hurting. This was 4 hours after getting bitten. The hospital staff cleaned it up and started me on antibiotics.
Now my HA mind is obsessing that I may have rabies. My dog has lymphoma and is on a permanent chemo regime. Because of all the chemo and steroids, his vet has not been giving him his vaccines for the past 4 years , fearing the side effects would be too much for him. He is 8 and did have his vaccines for the first 4 years of his life. In hospital when they asked if my dog was up to date I said yes. But forgot entirely about rabies etc until I got home.

Now I am in a panic (again!)