Thread: Mole changed...

Mole changed...

Back in August I noticed something on my chest that looked like a new pimple. I was unsure of what it was but it had a bit of white in it at first. I was monitoring it and I guess I irritated it a bit and it turned blue. It stayed light blue for about 3 months but here I am now. I did chest workouts yesterday at the gym and I wake up this morning and the mole is dark blue!! It’s like a purplish blue.

This is different to most of my health anxiety scares because I can actually see this one. I made an appointment with the dermatologist and I have to wait a whole 30 days to get it seen. I’m honestly so worried because what if it spreads. I don’t know for sure if it’s cancer or not but it did change in color.

Other than the color change, it is round, not asymmetrical, normal border, and hasn’t grown. Waiting a month sounds really risky for me. Not sure what to do.

Re: Mole changed...

I’ve had melanoma and unfortunately, there is a lot of waiting.

My melanoma turned up on my skin one summer around June and I waited until the following year before I saw a doctor, mainly because it didn’t look all that scary, it was just a dark coloured very small mole. Eventually I had worried about it loads and went to the doctor thinking they could remove it and then I wouldn’t be able to keep looking at it.

My GP referred me to the dermatologist and they said they would remove it just in case. I saw my GP in February and it was only removed in May. I then had the wide excision in September.

It’s possible your mole has just been irritated with the gym work out, maybe clothing or the exercise? I wouldn’t worry too much at this point. If it was new in August then it won’t have spread much.

Re: Mole changed...

Thanks a lot for the reply Mari! I’m trying not to dig myself down this rabbit hole. It’s pretty small, less than 6mm. I’m not even 100% if it’s a mole but there’s a good chance it might be. I hope it won’t be too late by the time of my appointment.

I hope everything turned out fine for you.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Thread Information