Thread: Are quick FNA biopsy results indicative of anything?

Are quick FNA biopsy results indicative of anything?

My partner had to have an FNA biopsy done on a lymph node in the neck this morning. Its been there almost five years and hasn't seem to have grown much. They said they extracted quite a bit of fluid and got a tissue sample to send off. By this afternoon, the ENT who scheduled the biopsy had called to set up an appointment. The appointment isn't until next Wednesday and we are in a bit of a panic. Could them calling back so soon be indicative of anything?

Re: Are quick FNA biopsy results indicative of anything?

Sorry but we can't answer that to be fair.

Do either of you suffer from HA - is that why you are worried?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My partner has been diagnosed with health anxiety, so this situation is making it go through the roof. We already had the lymph node looked at by ultrasound in 2017 which said abnormal mass measuring 2.2 x 1.5 x 0.8. PCP sent us to an ENT after that US, who said just watch and see if it gets bigger. Because of my partners health anxiety, they've spent the last few years poking and prodding on the node. My partner finally hit a breaking point about a month ago and we got an appointment with a different ENT who said he wanted to do a fine needle aspiration biopsy. They had the ultrasound done last Thursday, and unfortunately, a few hours later, got a phone call that their grandmother had passed. She was like a mom to my partner. Today was the FNA. They said they drew out quite a bit of fluid, not sure if that's normal, and that they got a tissue sample to send to pathology. Said we would probably hear from them on Monday. My partner got a call a few hours after we left the appointment this morning and now they have an appt to speak with the ENT on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by denver-james View Post
    My partner got a call a few hours after we left the appointment this morning and now they have an appt to speak with the ENT on Wednesday.
    Any news?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information