Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it normal that a 15 year old hates television?

Re: Is it normal that a 15 year old hates television?

X-Factor income wasn't generated by single sales, it was generated by premium rate phone in voting.

The Voice might have killed it off. Similar format but done better. They raised that concern when they bought it out.

It's all just about Cowell making money anyway. This year's new shiny sparkly thing then binned. Some do really well though but many get relegated to reality TV (still a nicer earner than shelf stacking or admin though).

I don't know. Lencoboy.

I hate all those talent shows. All fixed in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by debs71 View Post
    I don't know. Lencoboy.

I hate all those talent shows. All fixed in my opinion!
    Totally agreed Debs.

It's about time they were put to bed for once and for all. Even those who still watch them religiously (no doubt partially to keep up with the Jones's) get indignant about them and slag them off. I'm kind of glad TOTP was retired when it was (back in summer 2006 IIRC) as it in itself would no doubt be tainted and heavily derided by now, either had it continued beyond 2006 or subsequently been revived.

Although I was still sad to see TOTP finally go the way of the dodo back then, it had mostly lost its purpose, no doubt due to increased competition from other programmes and forms of entertainment. I think it had already been in steady decline for approximately 10 years before its final demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I think it's now naturally exhausted itself anyway.
    My issue with these 'talent' shows is that most bands and artists work their arses off and have to climb a very long and arduous ladder to success whereas now you just have to have a sad back-story and you've got a record deal. There's no question that there is some genuine talent in these shows, but they're mostly popularity contests innit? Because viewers get to choose who goes through and who doesn't. People are voting for who they fancy, or because that lad reminds them of their grandson, or that fit girl, or somebody they just feel sorry for - rather than basing their votes on actual talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam2021 View Post
    Hi everyone, i thought i'll make a post about this here. I am 15 and i do not watch any television, i do not like it. My mum and my sisters love the telly, they watch EastEnders, Corrie street, Emmerdale, i'm a celeb, Britain's got talent and i don't know what else but a bunch of stuff. Well i just leave the room and i go and sit in my bedroom at night, we sit at the dinner table for a meal and i sit with my mum and sisters for an hour every evening to talk and then as soon as she puts the television on the three of them sit glued to the telly and i am bored and i have to go out the room. i do admit at the weekends i can spend too much time on my PlayStation and sometimes i spend too much time online but i totally don't get what people like about EastEnders or corrie street or the reality shows, i find them all boring.

Am i weird? ha
    You sound like the most normal one of the bunch! Good for you lad. Cut your own path in life. 95% of TV is total drivel. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Has the X-Factor been cancelled this year due to Covid?
    Oh at last l can something good has come out of covid 😂😅

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information