Thread: Ear ache

Ear ache

Hi , for quite some time now I’ve been experiencing pain behind and in my ear it used to be so severe that I had to take pain killers my dr said it was red and inflamed . It sometimes feels itchy but the pain behind it in my head really gets me down . I was prescribed decongestants and antibiotics but the pain is still there ( tbh I think cotton buds could have caused this &#128584 I’m currently waiting for an ent appt tbh I’m so scared
    Has anyone had this ?

Re: Ear ache

Hi there, i have a similar thing right niw and am waiting for my ENT appt *10 weeks to wait!* . V scared. Doc says ear is "traumatised " piss from wearing bluetooth earbuds. But still scared its something sinister as pain is sooo bad . Wondering if its anxiety related..,

Oh god i meant to say "poss" from wearing earbuds, not "piss " 😄🤣😂

Thanks for your reply, I’ve been waiting months for ent I had an email from my Dr informing me that ent is on hold at the moment due to covid , I’m expecting a call from her this afternoon as I’m considering going private .
    Is the pain that your experiencing in your ear , mine is in the back of that makes sense it’s not as bad as it used to be but still flairs up sometimes which suggests something is wrong

My pain is mostly in the ear but yes it kind of feels a bit like its behind the ear too? Like a sort of shooting stabbing pain which comes and goes and way worse at night. I guess for me and you we have to reason it can't be anything too serious as its intermittent? Since our ENT appts are likely ages away its the only way to think i guess!

Let me know what the doc says if you go private. Your situation does sound pretty similar to mine...

Thread Information