Thread: Escitalopram 10mg 9 weeks

Escitalopram 10mg 9 weeks

Hi ive been on escitaloprám 10mg for 9 weeks when will i feel the effects of the medication? Thankyou

Re: Escitalopram 10mg 9 weeks

If you haven't by now, you probably won't. Hopefully, you're starting to feel better.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Did you have many side effects going on to escitalopram?

Hi Whitey,

Going on Antidepressants is an unceratain time and brings up a lot of questions for ones self. I know cause I was Googling a lot at the time!

From my expierence, I upped my dose to 20mg after 12 weeks. The increase was a lot easier than the first 4 weeks weeks on 10mg side effects wise.

There will be plenty of yawning and possibly jaw clenching. This will pass with time.

The medication will get you on your feet, do see out talking therapy if/when you can too.

Wish you all the best,

Medowlark

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey204 View Post
    Hi ive been on escitaloprám 10mg for 9 weeks when will i feel the effects of the medication? Thankyou
    to NMP,

Antidepressants (ADs) typically take 4-12 weeks to kick-in. What are you taking escitalopram for and is this the first AD you've taken? Are you on any other medication, or over-the-counter supplement?

Thread Information