Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kids lymph nodes

Re: Kids lymph nodes

I went through this too in the summer with my two girls. I had a swollen lymph node in my neck and I started feeling my girls necks for the same thing while putting on their sun cream. I was also checking their knees as I thought one of them had got a lump but it was a bone and needed to check my other daughter to make sure. I've managed to come through that but still stressing about other health issues. It's such a difficult thing to overcome.

I went through this with my youngest, I was so obsessed that I took a flashlight into his room while he was sleeping so I could stare at his neck.

I dressed him in turtleneck sweaters in the day so I wouldn't keep staring and touching his neck because he started slapping my hand away.

What I learned is kids have nodes that swell and sometimes they never go away.

My youngest is 27 now, I can still see the same nodes I was freaking out about when he was 3/4 years old.

I also started worrying about my sons lymph nodes when he was about 9 month old. I went to the gp and he said it was a lymph node but its very common in children, often they swell when fighting illness and sometimes they don't ever go down again.

He is nearly 2 now, but a couple of weeks ago was very ill and I happened to stroke his head and the lymph node was double its normal size. He is fine now and its gone back smaller again.

I was obsessed for those few months that he was dying.. Health anxiety is awful.

Children's lymph nodes

Hi Iv posted jn the past about lymph nodes but looking for a bit more advice.

My children now 9&7 have always had palpable lymph nodes ever since I remember.

But I noticed only recently that when they look upwards they produde out if the neck under the jaw and are quite visible.

Both are not visible when moving g their head around its just if they stretch their head back. One under the jaw sticks out.

It's about the size of a grape on both.

I don't know when it appeared as it's not an area I have noticed before. But have been there for around 5 months that I can remember.

My question is how common is that? Is this just because they're small and slim or is it something I should be concerned about?

Thank you

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes, lymph nodes are easier to feel in thinner people

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information