Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lung Fears

Re: Lung Fears

Thanks again for your comments - always good to have a perspective of real world experience

I hope mine being 13mm doesn't automatically lead to the big C, I assume yours was ?

I guess what I mean, is it more a remove it and move on type approach if its diagnosed as being that - i guess thats probably not an already one to answer

Ill ask the dr next week when I see her next week about nac

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by mbee View Post
    I hope mine being 13mm doesn't automatically lead to the big C, I assume yours was ?
    No, it has nothing to do with size. They'll investigate it further if it begins looking serious, including a biopsy, assuming if that's possible with this type of nodule.

I guess what I mean, is it more a remove it and move on type approach if its diagnosed as being that - i guess thats probably not an already one to answer
    This is still serious surgery not something contemplated unless the tests point to it being malignant. But if it becomes necessary the prognosis is very good with such small nodules as they are unlikely to have metastasized (survival odds drop dramatically once cancer spreads). In most cases follow up with chemo or radiation isn't considered necessary. I never had either.

Thought i better report back, had the other scan, they suspect they are reactive and suggested a repeat scan in 9 months thanks for all the advise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information