Well after 2 months of lower right abdominal pain I have gone back to the drs to see what is next. The dr examined me and could not feel anything obvious (but I am well padded) and the bloods came back ok but the pain continues. I have just had text from them (after submitting online appt request to see what is next) and they have referred me for an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound to check for inflammation, ovarian cysts or other causes.

Determined not to go off on one. Weird as overwhelmed by panic when got the text and the usual ‘they must know something is wrong’ thoughts, but know that this is obviously what needs to be done next as pain is still there. I did have an abdominal ultrasound years ago and so not bothered by the procedure just with what it might show.

I don’t think I get results for a few weeks. Have to phone tomorrow to book appt, hoping they can see me soon (I think). I know I will be watching the person so closely trying to get an indication on what it is :(

Does anyone know what it can show? I am not to google and check. Presumably it could show cysts or ‘masses’ on a variety of organs.

Anyone with any experiences to share?

Love flumpkin xx