Thread: Right tonsil worries

Right tonsil worries

Hey all!
    For the past several weeks I have been dealing with a weird tonsil issue. My right tonsil has been a little
    bigger than my left for as long as I can remember. Recently I had been having some pain in the tonsil area and ear. Not a sore throat but a sore tonsil. I’m prone to tonsil stones and had squished several out. During this time I can just “feel” my tonsil. I assumed it was inflammatory. I constantly felt like something was caught in my throat on the right side. I went to urgent care where she diagnosed me with tonsillitis and did a CBC and my white count was slightly elevated. She gave me augmentin and told me to come back if it got worse. That was like 6 weeks ago. So fast forward, I still get that feeling like something is caught. It will last 2-3 days and then go away and few normal. Then 4-5 days later that feeling comes back. I’m worried because one of the symptoms of C is feeling like there is something stuck in the throat. I have that feeling regularly with periods of normalcy. I did get another tonsil stones out a couple of days ago. Anyone have this? Fishman????

Re: Right tonsil worries

You know what fishman will say

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Right tonsil worries

I am really trying hard not to over react. It’s been over 2 months now, probably almost 3 months that I have been dealing with this tonsil issue. Off and on I feel like there is something stuck on that side. Most days I don’t bother it at all. Maybe once a week I check for stones and there are always stones. Every single time I have checked, I can get stones out. Occasionally after I get the stones out, there will be a very minor amount of blood that I believe is just from the trauma of removing stones. However today I was feeling some very mild pain (I haven’t had pain in weeks). So I thought it’s possibly another stone. So I pushed a little and lots of stone/gunk came out. )I know that’s so gross.) This tome
    though, my tonsil started actively bleeding. Not like blood-tinged saliva but like my tonsil was dripping blood. I spit it up and when I stopped bothering them, they stopped bleeding. But I’ve never had that much bleeding before. It wasn’t a large amount of blood but it was bright red and did drip. Now I’m more worried than ever because bleeding tonsil is a symptom of the big c.

It’s obvious I have a problem with tonsil stones but I’ve only ever had one here or there and lately they appear chronic. But Im afraid that this chronic inflammation is from something horrible!!

Thread Information