Thread: Brain cancer fear :-(

Brain cancer fear :-(

Hi! Only few weeks after my major lung cancer anxiety (which turned out to be asthma...) here I am again. 2 months ago my eyelids started to twitch. Mainly the left but sometimes the right as well. It is not getting better, maybe worse but I am not sure. 3 weeks ago I started to feel mild pressure in my head, which became really uncomfortable now. It is only a pressure not real pain but it worries me. Sometimes headband-like, sometimes only on the left side. Sometimes I feel that my neck is stiff, sometimes my scalp feels sensitive. I had this kind of headache in 2018 (clear CT scan solved) and in 2019 (clear MRI scan solved) so it's not completely new. I wouldn't be worried (oh, of course I would...) if there wasn't the eye twitching but constant headache + constant eye twithching seems bad. I know that maybe my HA is the cause but I am terrified that it is brain tumor. And thx to lockdown, I can't go to my GP or a neurologist or an MRI... Pls help! I'm sick of worrying, in 2020 I had only 6 weeks without some kind of cancer worry.

Re: Brain cancer fear :-(

Hi and have no fear! The headache you describe sounds very much like a tension headache or one caused by stress. Also, the eyelid twitches are very common especially when stressed. They will come and go. If you want to read about them you can search blepharospasm or benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS). Both are harmless and stress related. With a clear CT and MRI within the last 5 years I think you're free and clear. No tumor!

Thank you for your reply! It is very hard for me to believe that month-long symptoms can be benign... Even with clear scans - besides these scans are more than 1 year old - as I understand, brain tumors can develop in weeks :-( But I try to rationalize my thoughts. HA is a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by pirossapkaskukta View Post
    Hi! Only few weeks after my major lung cancer anxiety (which turned out to be asthma...) here I am again. 2 months ago my eyelids started to twitch.
    Give HA my regards, the old bugger is giving you a hard time I see?

I had twitching eyelids - saw the optician - blocked tear ducts. Told to place warm flannels on my eyes a couple of times a day and this worked. It can also be a symptom of anxiety.

It is only a pressure not real pain but it worries me. Sometimes headband-like, sometimes only on the left side. Sometimes I feel that my neck is stiff, sometimes my scalp feels sensitive. I had this kind of headache in 2018 (clear CT scan solved) and in 2019 (clear MRI scan solved) so it's not completely new.
    Tension headache. I get them and they involve my neck where there is wear and tear.

I know that maybe my HA is the cause but I am terrified that it is brain tumor.
    You know that HA is the cause.

Pls help! I'm sick of worrying, in 2020 I had only 6 weeks without some kind of cancer worry.
    What were you doing in those 6 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Give HA my regards, the old bugger is giving you a hard time I see?

Tension headache. I get them and they involve my neck where there is wear and tear.
    Can a tension headache last for a month and then completely disappear for a year? Then again a month - and disappear? I always thought that tension headaches are episodic.

You know that HA is the cause.
    I just hope, but I don't know. I believe it is brain cancer (and yes, I know, HA makes me think this).

What were you doing in those 6 weeks?

I was very-very happy. I enjoyed my life, my family, my kids. I had only 6 weeks in this year, and I was hoping for a nice holiday season - but apparently I won't have. This breaks my heart.
    Last edited by pirossapkaskukta; 25-11-20 at 23:39.

Quote Originally Posted by pirossapkaskukta View Post
    Can a tension headache last for a month and then completely disappear for a year? Then again a month - and disappear?.
    Yes, all depends what the cause is. I have lots of different reasons for tension headaches, so I get lots of them in clusters or I get months of relief.

I just hope, but I don't know. I believe it is brain cancer (and yes, I know, HA makes me think this).
    But nothing you've said sounds like like brain cancer. (and cancer doesn't take a year off)

I was very-very happy. I enjoyed my life, my family, my kids. I had only 6 weeks in this year, and I was hoping for a nice holiday season - but apparently I won't have. This breaks my heart.
    Time to get proactive then cocker. CBT - whatever it takes to get this mental issue back under control.

Thread Information