Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine to fly

Vaccine to fly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-australia-55048438

Few weeks ago it was ticket master. There you have it you will need a vaccine to do anything mandatory in all but name.

It says there is a few exemptions wonder how they will judge what these would be? Perhaps a yearly vaccine will be the new normal to go abroad or work?

Re: Vaccine to fly

Yeah, maybe.

Why not just wait until we have an approved vaccine first before we start speculating on what the future has in store?

Right now we should be happy that vaccines appear to be safe and effective so we can begin to get out of this mess.

You hear so much different things. I mean nobody knows which vaccine they may be offered?

Big question is would a vaccine stop the need for masks, social distancing ect? Can’t seem to find that answer anywhere

That's because there isn't one at the moment because no one knows..

I know you need to map out your life, Phil and it must be very hard for you not to be able to plan but I'm sure you will get your gigs and holidays back soon. Just try not to believe all you read or hear in the media. It's a waiting game for us all so you're not missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    You hear so much different things. I mean nobody knows which vaccine they may be offered?

Big question is would a vaccine stop the need for masks, social distancing ect? Can’t seem to find that answer anywhere
    That’s because there is no answer right now. In time, chances are that the vaccines will at the very least reduce this to a manageable illness. It could wipe the virus out or it could become endemic.

We just don’t know, that’s why I’m saying it’s better to just take it one day at a time. Having effective vaccines was the first major hurdle, we still don’t know if they simply reduce disease or completely prevent infection. We still don’t know if they reduce transmission. They still have to be manufactured and distributed.

I’m afraid it’s going to be a good few months yet before we can begin to return to any type of normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post

I’m afraid it’s going to be a good few months yet before we can begin to return to any type of normal.
    The best guess right now appears to be March towards the end of Summer for the transition towards normality (with restrictions obviously still in place) and another round of heavy vaccinations next Winter. I would imagine Spring 2022 for 'mostly' normal to be back in place.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-australia-55048438

Few weeks ago it was ticket master. There you have it you will need a vaccine to do anything mandatory in all but name.

It says there is a few exemptions wonder how they will judge what these would be? Perhaps a yearly vaccine will be the new normal to go abroad or work?
    We won’t be flying International Phil before 2022 even with a vaccine.
    Do you still want to go over to NYC?

Yeah I heard it'll be mid next year before enough people will be vaccinated. I'm going to hold off on the vaccine and let the brave heros try it out first.

We're getting married in Egypt next year Inshallah. So long as it's safe I'll have it, but us anxiety folk we worry over the smallest things.

It's difficult Phil, but remember things will return to normality. There's only so long before this virus is either wiped out, or treated like a flu. Remember, it's an illness that mostly effects the elderly, who would be at risk from flu/pneumonia on a normal day. The daily death toll in the UK is actually very low.

The media is horrible mate. Try to stay away from it that's what I'm doing.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

You will love Egypt I went there when I went to Africa awhile back,cruised up the Nile camel rode around pyramids oh it was a lovely time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    We won’t be flying International Phil before 2022 even with a vaccine.
    Do you still want to go over to NYC?
    Yea definitely however I am hoping to wait until supersonic jets come back as my fear is long haul flying and seemingly by 2029 or sooner they could come back.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information