Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine to fly

Re: Vaccine to fly

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    We absolutely should be doing it too, but for whatever reason we have a large minority of people who 'know better'.

I will concede that some concessions need to be made to the economy and you can't just expect every single person in the country who can't work from home to just suck it up, but we as a population really do need to play ball a bit more and stop whining like little babies about our 'lost freedoms'. It's pathetic.

Yes I completely agree, I'm just suggesting that it's not all a big guessing game. There are very sophisticated modelling tools out there that can predict multiple levels of outcome in startling accuracy.
    I'm sure they are very sophisticated but ...I think the jury's out on the accuracy bit.

They're already predicting a 3rd wave. Well that's inevitable. I'm going to remain locked down until there's a vaccine out there that's working.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

So will we need a vaccine to live freely that’s the question? If it was yearly vaccines I wonder how that would work maybe people would have a limited life?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So will we need a vaccine to live freely that’s the question? If it was yearly vaccines I wonder how that would work maybe people would have a limited life?
    How many times can anyone tell you that we just don’t know? We need to wait for a vaccine to actually be approved and distributed.

You won't get a different response on here even if you keep on asking the same question repeatedly, Phil.

Yes. With a big needle, in your arm. Every year, probably twice.

If you don't want to do it, stay at home and shut up.

Perhaps a yearly vaccine will be the new normal to go abroad or work?
    Which would not anything new. Not that many decades ago you had to have shots for every disease endemic to whatever part of the world you were going to. Often people had to have a handful of them all on the same day if they were flying on short notice (been there, done that, got the T-shirt ). No vaccine, no travel. Some are still mandatory for certain countries.

I think we will require them for all those coming to Australia probably for several years, especially from countries where Covid-19 is rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Yes. With a big needle, in your arm. Every year, probably twice.

If you don't want to do it, stay at home and shut up.
    Hear, hear.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Which would not anything new. Not that many decades ago you had to have shots for every disease endemic to whatever part of the world you were going to. Often people had to have a handful of them all on the same day if they were flying on short notice (been there, done that, got the T-shirt ). No vaccine, no travel. Some are still mandatory for certain countries.

I think we will require them for all those coming to Australia probably for several years, especially from countries where Covid-19 is rampant.
    Yep, it's no big deal. And for those thinking they don't want a few days feeling rubbish they could ask you or others that just had to put up with it.

People are building this up into a series of roadblocks. Typical of negative thinking traps.

That is a totally unknown quantity at this moment. You'd need a crystal ball to work that one out, I'm afraid.

The proof will be in the pudding, if the vaccine is actually approved for use and what the data says after (we hope) most people take up the option of actually having the vaccine.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information