Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine to fly

Re: Vaccine to fly

Perhaps they will test instead? I wonder when the saliva testing will come into place where you can test yourself first and before you come back?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Perhaps they will test instead? I wonder when the saliva testing will come into place where you can test yourself first and before you come back?
    Have you had one? If you don't like needles you may not like how far up the nose the test goes. The nurse who performed my mum's said it was a horrible test.

It must be hard for children.

This is the problem speculation that my life will change if I don’t take this vaccine. Again there is no proof it will change no other vaccine restricts people living life so I hope this one doesn’t.
    Yes, there are. Dont people still have jabs for malaria amongst others?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes maybe.

But this uncertainty is awful I will be glad when they account when restrictions and face masks ect come to an end. I am sure they said we can’t all have a big party too which is a shame. Again I wish they would also clarify that jabs don’t be needed for the pub but it was good Ryanair and TUI have come out and said you won’t I do feel more have to do the same. If not for people with anxiety it’s no fun worrying as I find testing masks needles distressful to be honest

Again...no one will force you to do anything but you won't have any control over what decisions are made in the future re hospitality and travel so will have to tolerate a certain amount of uncertainty re change. This won't be easy for you, I appreciate that.

You can't be vaccinated against malaria, but if you go and work in Brazil like I did a few years ago there's a mountain of jabs you are advised to have:

https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/dest...arctica/brazil

I had the lot and it took a few weeks.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 10-12-20 at 14:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    You can't be vaccinated against malaria, but if you go and work in Brazil like I did a few years ago there's a mountain of jabs you are advised to have:

https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/dest...arctica/brazil

I had the lot and it took a few weeks.
    Agreed. A friend years ago picked it up whilst in the services. Years later he would get small flare ups lasting about a week.

Yes maybe.

But this uncertainty is awful I will be glad when they account when restrictions and face masks ect come to an end. I am sure they said we can’t all have a big party too which is a shame. Again I wish they would also clarify that jabs don’t be needed for the pub but it was good Ryanair and TUI have come out and said you won’t I do feel more have to do the same. If not for people with anxiety it’s no fun worrying as I find testing masks needles distressful to be honest
    It's as pulisa says, phil. There will be guidelines and companies will add some info to their sites but smaller businesses are unlikely to be producing corporate responsibility statements and pubs might be on the level of sticking a poster up outside.

Rather than worry over getting concrete assurance this is where you need to work on loosening your need for them.

What we need to wait for is the vaccinations to move on a bit. Things should change then even if they ease up a bit until more like next summer. It's just a write off year for many things. I can't say that bothers me much at all since I've written off far larger due to anxiety.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 10-12-20 at 18:57. Reason: Typo

It's as pulisa says, phil. There will be guidelines and companies will add some info to their sites but smaller businesses are unlikely to be producing corporate responsibility statements and pubs might be on the level of sticking a poster up outside.

Rather than worry over getting concrete assuring this is where you need to work on loosening your need for them.

What we need to wait for is the vaccinations to move on a bit. Things should change then even if they ease up a bit until more like next summer. It's just a write off year for many things. I can't say that bothers me much at all since I've written off far larger due to anxiety.
    Yes I mean I spent years in my late teens indoors struggled to go to cinema without a panic attack I did waste years of my life doing very little enjoyable. That said I’m not at that stage now so I feel annoyed about it all. I am sure we will know more in the coming weeks I mean I read something about MP’s asking to legislate that people won’t have restrictions if they refuse vaccine that would be good. If stuff like this and TUI says you can fly it puts my mind at ease. Sure it won’t help the pro vaxers happy but as I pointed out they don’t make the choices they are not the government. I believe people in government would approach things much more sensibly.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Again...no one will force you to do anything but you won't have any control over what decisions are made in the future re hospitality and travel so will have to tolerate a certain amount of uncertainty re change. This won't be easy for you, I appreciate that.
    True you often say this isn’t just about me but do you feel it’s fair if millions will be banned? It’s highly likely in a population of 56 million that a small number of millions won’t take it. Do you feel that’s fair? Should they be banned from things?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information