Thread: Question for the ladies re contraceptive pills!

Question for the ladies re contraceptive pills!

Ok I will start and hope that someone can help.

Two weeks ago I went for my regular smear test and the nurse said I needed to make an appt with my gp cos there was a problem.

On Thursday I went to a lady doc, new gp at the practice, she examined me and said my problem was due to the birth control pill no longer beign effective cos I had put on weight and as i was a few stone over the recommended weight she needed to increase the dose. I was on Cerazette (a mini pill) . This cant be doulbled so she put me on a new one (micronor). The normal dose is 350mg but I was to take 2 tablets (700mg). I have been taking since Thursday night and my anxiety is through the roof. Today, I expereinced irrational feeling of self harm and wanting to run away and have been very aggitated. My gp surgery is on a public holiday today, so I phoned NHS24 (something I never do). The nurse i spoke to was really nice and said it was probably due to the pills. She also said that it has caused a chemical reaction as too much hormones have entered my system and I probably shouldnt have been advised to take double doses. Because I take other meds too, amitriptyline and buspirone its reacted. Now I am bricking it.........................has it caused damage???
    Im waiting on a doctor to call me back but my mind is everywhere...................has anyone any experience of this?
    Last edited by darkangel; 29-10-07 at 15:01. Reason: meds

Re: Question for the ladies re contraceptive pills!

Angel,

I can understand your fear hun, what alot of people do not understand is hormones are bleedin horrid things lol.I think you are going through the worst that can happen (being all over the place). I'm no doctor but i don't think they will cause you any damage. I also think your doc will change back your does or even try you on a different pill.

take care and let us know how you get on

Love Lisa
    xxxx

Hi Angel,

I'm sorry I don't have any advice to give you but sending you a hug

I hope you get the info you need real soon.

Pink
    x

Marvelon had the same effect on me hun so I had to try a few before I found the one I'm on now - its very common is this mate so you may just have to try a few more.

Here if you need me.

Love Piglet

Aaw, Big Ugs for you DA,

Got no real advice as such I'm afraid cuz the pill never really agreed with me - and my doc tried me on loads over a period of about 2 yrs. That was many many moons ago though lol.

But, I'm sure they'll sort it all out satisfactorily - they seem to be 'on the case' already.

And well done for being the victor over your temptations - a great positive achievement.

lotsa luv to you

Just a quick update - many mnay thanks for all your support and advice - really appreciate. Emergency doc called me last night and said to stop them - they sound like they have reacted with my other meds. Also spoke to me at length about my mood and explained in detail maybe what had happened but reassured me not to worry as it would soon be out my system.

Stopped taking them and got an appt first thing with my doc - he couldnt comment on what the other doc had presribed me or the doseage but advised that I keep off them. Give my system a break for a week and return to see my regular gp to discuss alternatives.
    Seeing my cpn on Thursday too but I feel lots better - can rationalise once again and had no further self harm urges. The doc i seen today was a gem and really put my mind to rest.

The joys of being a woman

Luv to all
    Darkangel x

Aww I'm glad you did that hun!

Piglet

Great news Darkangel !

You are one brave lady!

Thread Information