Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My COVID Prediction

My COVID Prediction

I'm pretty good at predicting what will happen with COVID. Must be a knack.

Anyway, I predict by the end of January we'll be locked down again. The numbers do not satisfy unlocking the lockdown when there's currently no vaccine for the masses.

My other hypothesis is lockdown is only being "unlocked" for Christmas spending. If they don't unlock people will flood to Amazon and eBay where the UK Government will not get the taxes.

Some may see my prediction as pessimistic. But, I think it's quite realistic given the situation.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: My COVID Prediction

I don't know anybody that thinks it will be otherwise.

Restrictions have to stay in place until the Spring at the earliest when the seasonal variance drops off and vaccinations start becoming widespread.

This shit will continue until vaccines deal with the masses.

I expect Uncle Boris will place Manchester in Tier 3 later on - what's new?

You've had a bellyful of shit in Manchester, Nora. I don't think King Andy will be allowed to interfere this time though.

My area Darn Sarf is probably going to be Tier 2 so small fry in comparison with you.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You've had a bellyful of shit in Manchester, Nora. I don't think King Andy will be allowed to interfere this time though.

My area Darn Sarf is probably going to be Tier 2 so small fry in comparison with you.
    King Andy of Madchester is resigned to the fact I think - as are we all...

As suspected, you've stayed in tier 3 - which is where we've gone to, from tier 1.

The Oxford vaccine might not be as promising as first thought: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...study-results/

We're in tier 3 too.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    The Oxford vaccine might not be as promising as first thought: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...study-results/

We're in tier 3 too.
    Looks like another lockdown is enroute. Nora is bang on tbh, this isn't going to change. Chances are for many of us is this will not change in our our lifetime.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Looks like another lockdown is enroute. Nora is bang on tbh, this isn't going to change. Chances are for many of us is this will not change in our our lifetime.
    But it also says those who had the lower dose were better protected. Buggering up the dose night have skewed the results higher? If so they need to look into whether their original projected dose is over the top.

I think it's actually an interesting unexpected outcome that may benefit them in terms of cost and production.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    But it also says those who had the lower dose were better protected. Buggering up the dose night have skewed the results higher? If so they need to look into whether their original projected dose is over the top.

I think it's actually an interesting unexpected outcome that may benefit them in terms of cost and production.
    To my knowledge (could be incorrect) but there's currently no way of knowing how long the vaccine will last. If one presumes the vaccine will only provide short term vaccination then it poses a significant problem.

For it to work it would require mass vaccine rollout. Everybody have the jab at around about the same time. And this assumes everyone will have the vaccine.

If not, the vaccinated are still carriers, who pass it to the non vaccinated and the non vaccinated pass it back to the previously vaccinated who now need a re-jab again. There will be a large number of people who can't have the vaccine.

1 in 200 people have a nut allergy. That's one group of people that won't be able to have the current vaccine.

☪️️

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information