Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: My COVID Prediction

Re: My COVID Prediction

You may feel better just talking about it on here rather than letting it fester and ruminating which is always so distressing?

I actually had a response from SS today and a date in the diary was made (early Jan) for my son's assessment. When you say you are in crisis things can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You may feel better just talking about it on here rather than letting it fester and ruminating which is always so distressing?

I actually had a response from SS today and a date in the diary was made (early Jan) for my son's assessment. When you say you are in crisis things can happen.
    I don't wish to come across as ungrateful re your advice, but the trouble is (concerning your last sentence), there will always be the odd SWs who are a tad overzealous and go a bit too far. Let's face it, there were several horror stories back in the 70s and 80s about SWs whisking kids and vulnerable adults with LDs away into care willy-nilly and often for reasons unwarranted, especially in pursuit of their own personal agendas, and the places where those people ended up often were, ironically, even more inhumane than their original family homes. Add to that the dire shortage of suitable facilities, in which many of whom have disappeared left, right and centre over the past 25 years or so.

I know that was then and this is now, but unfortunately, there will always be unscrupulous, conniving individuals working in the profession who stubbornly refuse to change their ways, especially those who might be Farageites in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Please, let's all try and be nice to each other on here, there's already enough aggro in the world ATM.

Let's face it, I might not agree with absolutely everything James (WIC) is currently predicting on here, especially as the current situation still very much remains in the lap of the gods and is constantly shifting, but please let's not keep falling out, and just let it go.
    Totally agree LB. Life really is too short. Come on you guys, we are all living through an incredibly tough time and taking chunks out of each other won't help you or anyone. For your own sakes as well as others here who are looking for support.

Fair enough guys..

I don't like arguing in this way. I like to have a laugh, talk about bottoms, and help folk through their anxiety. However, I do have compulsion to defend myself, and that's my problem. My signature says it all, eh?
    That said, it's not all bad this end because I have had some seriously satisfying bowel movements this week, and it's all down to Gazza firing up those stress hormones!

Anyway, I am prepared to postpone hostilities until 2021 (or when I get constipated again)

What do you say Gary, you miserable bugga - truce?
    Last edited by NoraB; 18-12-20 at 08:42.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Fair enough guys..

I don't like arguing in this way. I like to have a laugh, talk about bottoms, and help folk through their anxiety. However, I do have compulsion to defend myself, and that's my problem. My signature says it all, eh?
    That said, it's not all bad this end because I have had some seriously satisfying bowel movements this week, and it's all down to Gazza firing up those stress hormones!

Anyway, I am prepared to postpone hostilities until 2021 (or when I get constipated again)

What do you say Gary, you miserable bugga - truce?
    When I’m on my death bed thinking of all my achievements in life, I’ll take comfort in the knowledge that I passive aggressively made someone have a really satisfying sh*t.

Yes truce. I have the same compulsion to defend myself and it’s also a bit of a problem of mine. Too quick to jump in with two feet more often than I should.

Gary, can I book you for some colonic behaviour therapy now that you've eased Nora's backlog?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    When I’m on my death bed thinking of all my achievements in life, I’ll take comfort in the knowledge that I passive aggressively made someone have a really satisfying sh*t.
    Well, my colon certainly appreciates it.

Yes truce.
    Good man.

Kudos to both of you!! It takes courage for us to admit we have 'faults' so really well done guys.

The numbers look dreadful. It looks like the big lockdown is going to come sooner than expected.

One year on and we're in a worse position than we was. This year I've seen no progress at all. The vaccine roll out has been a complete waste of time. It's not possible to kill the virus with a drip fed vaccine rollout that has a limited life span once inside your system. Mass vaccination is required at the same time, but that's logistically impossible. The anti-vaxers are many, they'll keep it alive and kicking too.

The point I've been making for some time is mass lockdown needs to happen, and for a lengthy amount of time. It will mess a lot of things up for a lot of people, but this situation is dire and the world has to face the reality of the problem.

If something isn't done soon we will start to see hardship and a complete destruction of the economy.

I'm sorry to be that guy to bring the negative reality to the table, but it is what it is.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Hey, James. Thinking of you and yours.

Sorry you're feeling so awful right now, and I'm sorry the world's in such a mess. Try to remember that mental illness can distort the way you perceive the world, though.

Things are bad, but you have your family and friends. We might have tough times ahead of us, but better times will come along, too.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information