Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My COVID Prediction

Re: My COVID Prediction

Understandably, there are a lot of 'what ifs' ATM and of course the serial (and seemingly untouchable) CTers and the like having field days ATM and many people simply refusing to believe the 'real' experts, but choose to believe the egotistical smart alec 'know-it-alls' on social media who are, all to often, in pursuit of their own proverbial 'fifteen minutes of fame'!

I think we all need to just wait and see and give the vaccines and other anti-Covid measures a chance, rather than jump to quick conclusions.

The fact remains people here need to learn how to read and need to learn what a presumption means if they're going to hit their keys like warriors.

I've fixed my signature to something less bold. But the statement remains.

Sick of all these folk lapping up whatever the newspaper tells them. Bloody fools.

I've predicted many times where COVID is going. You all laugh like I'm some muppet but where's the people saying "Oh yeah, James was right that time". Non. Instead I get told "Don't gloat on your prediction".

This was entirely my own logic not watching some video or article from a conspiracy fk*tard. COVID is going nowhere. Man can't defeat a virus. You're a fool if you think we can. This is global and going absolutely no where. You can wrap yourself up in the false hope being peddled by the media. The Government wont say how things really are because it will cause mass panic and mass fear which will obliterate the economy.

Who told me the above? NOBODY! I read it nowhere. It's fact. It's common sense.

Ignore me I'm just an idiot who knows fk* all. Infact you're all idiots like me who knows fk* all so close these threads because nobody here can argue or defend anything. Nobody here is an expert, me included.

This COVID forum has shown peoples true colors and done nothing but damage this forum. I dislike this place.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    The fact remains people here need to learn how to read and need to learn what a presumption means if they're going to hit their keys like warriors.
    Bit rich isn’t it? Your last sig was basically a threat, now you’re accusing others of being keyboard warriors?

I've fixed my signature to something less bold. But the statement remains.
    It’s still an arrogant ranty pile of angry drivel.

Sick of all these folk lapping up whatever the newspaper tells them. Bloody fools.
    There it is again. Arrogant, ranty and angry.

I've predicted many times where COVID is going. You all laugh like I'm some muppet but where's the people saying "Oh yeah, James was right that time". Non. Instead I get told "Don't gloat on your prediction".
    No you haven’t. You like to say you have, but you haven’t. The worlds best scientific minds are struggling to predict how this plays out.

This was entirely my own logic not watching some video or article from a conspiracy fk*tard. COVID is going nowhere. Man can't defeat a virus. You're a fool if you think we can. This is global and going absolutely no where. You can wrap yourself up in the false hope being peddled by the media. The Government wont say how things really are because it will cause mass panic and mass fear which will obliterate the economy.
    Well if you want to overindulge in misery and defeatism that’s entirely up to you. If you want to publicly preach it here people are going to have something to say about it. You don’t scare me or anyone with your threats and angry outbursts.

Who told me the above? NOBODY! I read it nowhere. It's fact.
    No, it’s your opinion, not a fact.

Ignore me I'm just an idiot who knows fk* all. Infact you're all idiots like me who knows fk* all so close these threads because nobody here can argue or defend anything. Nobody here is an expert, me included.
    Well then what are you ranting about? Why shouldn’t we all be able to express our opinions and views? Or is it that you just want to rant all day and have everyone tickling your ar*e about how awesome your opinions are?

This COVID forum has shown peoples true colors and done nothing but damage this forum. I dislike this place.
    It’s certainly shown you as an angry rant merchant who loses the place over any opinion that’s doesn’t agree with his. If you dislike it, go away. Nobody is forcing you to be here. Honestly, I’m not going to enable you to act like this, your behaviour and reaction to some pretty simple opinions is absolutely appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Bit rich isn’t it? Your last sig was basically a threat, now you’re accusing others of being keyboard warriors?

It’s still an arrogant ranty pile of angry drivel.

There it is again. Arrogant, ranty and angry.

No you haven’t. You like to say you have, but you haven’t. The worlds best scientific minds are struggling to predict how this plays out.

Well if you want to overindulge in misery and defeatism that’s entirely up to you. If you want to publicly preach it here people are going to have something to say about it. You don’t scare me or anyone with your threats and angry outbursts.

No, it’s your opinion, not a fact.

Well then what are you ranting about? Why shouldn’t we all be able to express our opinions and views? Or is it that you just want to rant all day and have everyone tickling your ar*e about how awesome your opinions are?

It’s certainly shown you as an angry rant merchant who loses the place over any opinion that’s doesn’t agree with his. If you dislike it, go away. Nobody is forcing you to be here. Honestly, I’m not going to enable you to act like this, your behaviour and reaction to some pretty simple opinions is absolutely appalling.
    The fact is that despite the first Covid vaccine from Pfizer being doled out since Tuesday (8th) and various others now in the pipeline, the pandemic still very much remains with us in the meantime and at this stage it's still very much in the lap of the gods as to how things might (or might not) play out, but I am personally optimistic we (at least here in the UK) might at the very least be over the worst of the pandemic by about February-March time, though I could be wrong of course.

We can all but speculate to our hearts content about possible Armageddon-type scenarios concerning Covid, vaccines or not, but in the meantime I think we all need to be nice to each other and not constantly bicker over what might or might not happen, and to just try to be patient.

Gary, I'm looking at a thread started by you in 2016 where you were publicly threatening to leave the forum - something about losing your temper and being a self-confessed "argumentative git"? (your words, not mine)

So, it's maybe not the best idea to be publicly rinsing someone for losing their temper when you've got form yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Gary, I'm looking at a thread started by you in 2016 where you were publicly threatening to leave the forum - something about losing your temper and being a self-confessed "argumentative git"? (your words, not mine)

So, it's maybe not the best idea to be publicly rinsing someone for losing their temper when you've got form yourself?
    If there was a part in there that includes me threatening people and losing my shit over a perfectly reasonable response that was only designed to cheer me up then you might have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post

Well I suppose people can change over time.

Let's face it, I sometimes used to have violent and aggressive outbursts myself back in the 90s, especially up until about 1996 or so, but I didn't know any better back then and often regret some of those actions now, even though I never fortunately caused anyone or anything any serious harm, nor did I mean any serious harm to anyone or anything.

I often used to behave in such a manner due to my frustrations at being treated like crap and misunderstood due to my disability, but up until then we had to basically learn to be normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    If there was a part in there that includes me threatening people and losing my shit over a perfectly reasonable response that was only designed to cheer me up then you might have a point.
    Come on Gaz, you know love to brush people up the wrong way

We've all got nothing to do right now. I'm sure if we had better things to do we probably wouldn't be sat here calling each other numpties.
    But on a serious note when somebody says "if one presumes" it most definitely does not mean "this is fact", or "this is going to happen"

In all fairness I was angry that my piece was worded in such a way it couldn't be taken as fact, yet people still read it as if I was speaking fact.

So can we rewind, and entertain the presumption. If you don't want to entertain the presumption there's no need to post.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I often used to behave in such a manner due to my frustrations at being treated like crap and misunderstood due to my disability, but up until then we had to basically learn to be normal.
    I couldn't have said that better Lencoboy.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Come on Gaz, you know love to brush people up the wrong way

We've all got nothing to do right now. I'm sure if we had better things to do we probably wouldn't be sat here calling each other numpties.
    But on a serious note when somebody says "if one presumes" it most definitely does not mean "this is fact", or "this is going to happen"

In all fairness I was angry that my piece was worded in such a way it couldn't be taken as fact, yet people still read it as if I was speaking fact.

So can we rewind, and entertain the presumption. If you don't want to entertain the presumption there's no need to post.
    Dude, I was trying to get you to stop being so gloomy. You seemed to be of a mind that this virus wouldn’t be controllable in our lifetime, I was merely trying to point out the advances we’ve made in one year so thinking it’s going to be like this for the foreseeable future is just not what the evidence suggests

I think it’s just a simple case of you needing to take a reply for what it is rather than just hitting the roof at the first sign of someone not agreeing with you.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information