Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My COVID Prediction

Re: My COVID Prediction

Lenco I’m so sorry things are tough for you at the moment.
    I hope Pulisa’s excellent advice helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really think you should speak out and make SS aware of your desperation. It would be hard for anyone but you need to safeguard and protect your mental health just to get through each day, i would imagine? You may feel better just by letting it all out to a professional who can actually do something?

I'm with pulisa here, Lencoboy: you're a great guy and you deserve MUCH better than what you're enduring. You need to self-refer, mate.

No one would blame or judge you for admitting that it's all got too much for you...SS are probably not even aware of your home situation.

I think it took a lot of courage just to admit your feelings on here.

Thanks for your kind words Pulisa, Scass and PM.

I'm not being abused nor am I at dire risk per se, but I'm worried I might just lose it myself, which could lead to mega serious consequences for us all as a family, such as me either being sectioned or even ending up doing porridge, especially due to the chronic lack of suitable places for people like me, and the way society in general likes to demonise us, plus my dad being at risk of suddenly snuffing it due to a stroke or heart failure 'cause he can no longer cope with me losing it, let alone cope with my mom being off her trolley!

I really don't want to get violent and aggressive, but I'm just worried one day I'll just snap, then it will be a one-way ticket to hell for me!!

That's just a fear, Lenco..not a fact. You are catastrophising here but your profound distress is very clear and for a very good reason.

I expect you are very worried about your Dad and how everything seems to depend on his continuing good health and ability to look after your Mum. Your fear of "losing it" just shows how much of a knife edge you feel your family is on and you really do need support from the professionals and this means both emotional and practical help.

Please consider picking up the phone and contacting your local social services..You need to follow up that respite provision just for starters. Obviously your Dad will have his views as regards his carer role but maybe he would be receptive to an assessment of your Mum's current mental health issues?

It’s certainly shown you as an angry rant merchant who loses the place over any opinion that’s doesn’t agree with his. If you dislike it, go away. Nobody is forcing you to be here. Honestly, I’m not going to enable you to act like this, your behaviour and reaction to some pretty simple opinions is absolutely appalling.

This is your idea of being 'helpful' to someone who you know is autistic, has mental health issues, and is clearly spiralling is it?

When you had your Mariah Carey diva 'I'm leaving' moment in 2016 - people were kind despite your behaviour. In comparison, the above is how you spoke to James.

You reckon it’s cool for you to call me out for publicly having a go at someone
    I am cooler than a polar bear's pecker with calling you out on this Gary!

but I should’ve kept my trap shut when being publicly berated?
    If all you can do is to make matters worse by opening said trap, then yes!

Nice bit of selective bias there, “cocker.”
    Nice bit of passive aggression there, Mariah!

I had a disagreement with you over one thing, I haven’t bothered with you since.
    Technically, you are bothering with me or we wouldn't be arguing on THIS thread.

I don’t have an issue with you.
    Your passive-aggressive comments suggest otherwise. "cocker".

Hey, that’s fine, I’m big enough to post on here and people are absolutely entitled to call me out if they think I’m being a d*ck.
    I thought you were being a d*ck. I called you out.

You know fine well that you were looking to gain points over someone you have taken a dislike to due to that exchange.
    I don't like the way you belittle people. I don't like your 'superior' attitude. I don't care for the insinuation that I'm lying. However, I don't dislike you as a person because I don't know you. I can only respond to the way you conduct yourself on here. However, what I did was nothing to do with that exchange between us. I felt bad for James because I am an empathetic human being. And then there was the hypocrisy of you being the one to reprimand him. I didn't go looking for ammo, but I sure as hell would have no qualms in admitting to it if this had been the case! I was trying to find out what input you put into this forum as a conversation starter - which is what James is - when I saw you being a big ol' diva with your 'I'm leaving' thread and also that folk on here were being kind to you and encouraging you to stay - in stark comparison to your unpleasant little paragraph shown at the beginning of this post! So, yes Gary, I decided to use your history against you to make you look a tit. No apologies. I don't regret doing what I did, and I would do it again. I'm just dismayed that the only effect it's seemingly had on you is to bruise your mammoth ego!

It would be nice if you had the humility to suck it up instead of trying to defend your use of inflammatory words!

There is literally nothing more I can, or want, to say. I'm sure people are fed up with us arguing. I'm fed up with it too now. but I wanted to defend myself on some points because I don't like being called a liar. But that's enough. Even I have my limits and I have a feeling that there is NOTHING I could say to you which would change the situation, so I'm done with this particular argument. If it's imperative to your existence that you must have the last word, then go for it and consider it my Christmas gift to you, but you're get the crappy wrapping paper and no bow!

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    [/COLOR]This is your idea of being 'helpful' to someone who you know is autistic, has mental health issues, and is clearly spiralling is it?
    I wasn’t trying to be helpful, I was having a go at someone who had a go at me for trying to be helpful.

When you had your Mariah Carey diva 'I'm leaving' moment in 2016 - people were kind despite your behaviour. In comparison, the above is how you spoke to James.
    I think you’ll find I’ve had more than a few instances of this person going off on me for only trying to be helpful, despite that I tried again. When I got that reaction once again I’d had enough.

I am cooler than a polar bear's pecker with calling you out on this Gary!
    And I’m actually cool with you doing it. The reason behind it is what’s bothering me.

If all you can do is to make matters worse by opening said trap, then yes!
    Did it make it worse? He answered back very reasonably and I explained to him what my intent was originally. I made it quite clear I was only trying to help and he accepted his own part in it. I reacted harshly, but something like that works both ways doesn’t it?

Nice bit of passive aggression there, Mariah!
    Thanks, I certainly thought so.

Technically, you are bothering with me or we wouldn't be arguing on THIS thread.
    Makes no sense. I hadn’t bothered with you from our original disagreement and now I’m replying to you directly confronting me. I’m not bothered by it or you, I’m just replying to you.

Your passive-aggressive comments suggest otherwise. "cocker".
    It’s called responding in kind.

I thought you were being a d*ck. I called you out.
    Again, fair enough. I’ll even go as far as agreeing that I was acting like a d*ck, but I feel that I was only acting like that to someone who was also acting like a d*ck. as I said, I’ve got a limit on how much I’ll allow a mental health issue to excuse that. I don’t find that helpful to me or the other person. That’s just my way. Maybe I’m wrong, but yeah, that’s just how I see it.

I don't like the way you belittle people. I don't like your 'superior' attitude. I don't care for the insinuation that I'm lying.
    I feel I only belittle people who deserve it, frankly. Could I have reacted better? Yes, of course I could have. I could’ve been the bigger man but I’m a human being who felt unjustifiably attacked and I replied. Again, it’s just me, and I fully accept that it can come back at me.

I felt bad for James because I am an empathetic human being. And then there was the hypocrisy of you being the one to reprimand him. I didn't go looking for ammo, but I sure as hell would have no qualms in admitting to it if this had been the case!
    Yet you didn’t feel bad for me or Joe who had been given a torrent of abuse for doing nothing more than reasonably trying to put perspective on someone’s concerns? Selective empathy there. I don’t see how it’s hypocrisy for me to answer a post aimed directly at me.

I was trying to find out what input you put into this forum as a conversation starter - which is what James is - when I saw you being a big ol' diva with your 'I'm leaving' thread and also that folk on here were being kind to you and encouraging you to stay - in stark comparison to your unpleasant little paragraph shown at the beginning of this post!
    Have you read the thread that pushed me toward leaving? Do you know I was only wanting to leave because I thought I was upsetting people rather than helping them? How is that a “diva” moment? It’s admitting you’re causing a problem and dealing with it is it not? I changed my mind because people clearly didn’t think I was a problem. I actually did stop posting here for a year or so after that. I was also in a bad place mentally for reasons I’m not going to get into right now. Oh, and despite more than one hostile reply to me from the poster in question, I have continued to offer him help and will continue to in future. It was an OTT exchange that we were both responsible for and have both now put to bed. The only person now making it anything more is you.

So, yes Gary, I decided to use your history against you to make you look a tit. No apologies. I don't regret doing what I did, and I would do it again. I'm just dismayed that the only effect it's seemingly had on you is to bruise your mammoth ego!
    Funny isn’t it? When you respond to anyone it’s because you’ve got a right to defend yourself. When I do it it’s because of my ego. Brilliant.

It would be nice if you had the humility to suck it up instead of trying to defend your use of inflammatory words!
    You mean just agree with you? No, sorry. I admit it was an OTT response but it was only in response to an OTT post. Again, neither me or James seem to care much about it now, it’s been bothering you for nearly a week though.

There is literally nothing more I can, or want, to say. I'm sure people are fed up with us arguing. I'm fed up with it too now. but I wanted to defend myself on some points because I don't like being called a liar.
    Yeah, see I don’t like being called a diva, I don’t like being called a hypocrite, I don’t like being called an egomaniac, I don’t like when well meaning posts are attacked and I don’t like being called a fool. However, if I defend myself against any of those claims apparently it’s all to do with ego.

But that's enough. Even I have my limits and I have a feeling that there is NOTHING I could say to you which would change the situation, so I'm done with this particular argument.
    I don’t even know what you’re trying to change at this point. Two adults had a childish bicker. Both have moved on and no longer care. What is it you’re trying to change?

If it's imperative to your existence that you must have the last word, then go for it and consider it my Christmas gift to you, but you're get the crappy wrapping paper and no bow!
    You’ve kept this going for almost a week now. If you say things about me that I disagree with I’m going to respond. If you can call it defending yourself then so can I.

Please, let's all try and be nice to each other on here, there's already enough aggro in the world ATM.

Let's face it, I might not agree with absolutely everything James (WIC) is currently predicting on here, especially as the current situation still very much remains in the lap of the gods and is constantly shifting, but please let's not keep falling out, and just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I'm with pulisa here, Lencoboy: you're a great guy and you deserve MUCH better than what you're enduring. You need to self-refer, mate.
    Just want to bump this and what others have said as I completely agree. You are a good guy and well liked on here. It's very hard to imagine you being anything other and ending up doing porridge.

Your situation is extremely difficult. Getting help earlier might heads things off.

It's only natural to have these worries and the concern you have for your dad's health.

You can always talk on here if you need too. Don't ever worry about what people think or talking too much, the latter being something those who help others more than asking for themselves always worry about.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information