Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Well here we go... 150mg

Re: Well here we go... 150mg

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise10 View Post
    I don't want to go rushing back to the doctor as she will most likely put me up to to 187mg and I am hoping this is just a little blip. Stuff I have easily gone past the last 4 weeks is now bothering me so it tells me that it's anxiety.
    Everyone has bad days, even those without anxiety disorders, Ava. All part of the rich pageantry of life. The trick is to roll with the blips and not give them more attention than they deserve for that can set anxiety inclined minds to ruminating. The odd patch of a few days here and there are of no moment, especially in these unsettling times. If it becomes a week or two then action might be required.

However, the difficulty getting to sleep may be worth exploring. Do you have any thoughts on what may have set it off, or why it's continuing?

Hey PDU, I hope you are doing well.

Never had a problem before in the sleep department, even when anxiety was really bad I always got to sleep ok and stayed asleep. This started about a week after starting keto so I don't know if it is to do with that maybe. I am staying asleep once I get there but it's taking between 1 and 2 hours to get to sleep.

Anxiety doesn't seem quite as bad today, still lingering there though but I haven't felt tearful like the last 2 days so fingers crossed it's on the out. As you said could just be a bad couple of days.

Ava x

Never had a problem before in the sleep department, even when anxiety was really bad I always got to sleep ok and stayed asleep. This started about a week after starting keto so I don't know if it is to do with that maybe. I am staying asleep once I get there but it's taking between 1 and 2 hours to get to sleep.
    I guess the keto diet may be a factor, but SSRI/SNRI induced insomnia is a common side-effect. An over-the-counter sleep supplement may help, Ava, as may Nytol tablets or liquid containing diphenhydramine, a sedating antihistamine (ask your pharmacist if there are any issues with the meds you're taking). If not ask your GP to prescribe something. A small dose of mirtazapine usually works. Being tired all the time is not good for your state of mind.

Thanks PDU, not keen on the Mirt idea as I already take the ven and nort so don't really want to add another one into the mix. Someone on my keto group suggested taking magnesium so I might try that.

Anxiety is a bit up and down at the minute, have gone back to my weekly planner from tomorrow as I had lapsed in doing this and I did like it before so will try that again and see if it helps. It's my body that feels tired and I have a bit of brain fog so maybe I need to be a bit more active as I am just sat at my desk all day in front of the computer. I have scheduled lots of dog walks and connecting with people on the phone and I will see how I go.

Again it is my mental health affected by how I feel physically, when I feel sluggish and heavy (like you are dragging your body around and things are a big effort) this is when the anxiety gets involved as I wonder why I feel like that and then get frustrated because a, I don't know why it's happening and b, it impacts the things I want to do. I still haven't googled though as I know that doesn't help. Health anxiety has been kicking in a bit too.

The joys...

Take care all, Ava x

Someone on my keto group suggested taking magnesium so I might try that.
    Magnesium might help with anxiety too, Ava.

I've had a great few months and now find myself back in blip-ville!!
    I have been on keto the last 14 weeks and have lost nearly 2 and a half stone, had lots more energy and was happy.
    Bam... woke up last Sunday feeling like someone was stabbing me, quick trip to A&E who said I have a kidney stone. Sent me on my way with half a pharmacy and said it should pass. I have been feeling crappy all week, tired, backache, intense nausea, no motivation, so with the nature of the beast, up pops my old pal anxiety!!

I have tried rationalizing it, that's not happening. I just keep telling myself I will feel better soon.
    I know I am never going to go through my life not feeling unwell but every time I do anxiety seems to come as part of the package deal.

Venting on here helps me and keeping busy so I will go back to basics and hope this is just a blip and full on episode.

Ava.

I've had a great few months and now find myself back in blip-ville!!
    I have been on keto the last 14 weeks and have lost nearly 2 and a half stone, had lots more energy and was happy.
    Bam...
    That's great, Ava!!

woke up last Sunday feeling like someone was stabbing me, quick trip to A&E who said I have a kidney stone. Sent me on my way with half a pharmacy and said it should pass. I have been feeling crappy all week, tired, backache, intense nausea, no motivation, so with the nature of the beast, up pops my old pal anxiety!!
    Not that surprising given the stress and the possible effect on the immune system. The meds may be contributing too.

I have tried rationalizing it, that's not happening. I just keep telling myself I will feel better soon.
    I know I am never going to go through my life not feeling unwell but every time I do anxiety seems to come as part of the package deal.
    Even people without anxiety disorders feel anxious and crappy at such times so just go with the flow. You're human and reacting as you should. Meds can do a lot, but they don't make us immune to the downs (or ups) of life, neither should they.

Venting on here helps me and keeping busy so I will go back to basics and hope this is just a blip and full on episode.
    Vent away, Ava. It is included in the NMP package deal.

Bloody blip-ville, I'm back visiting it again and I'm really hoping it's not a long stay!

As usual my physical health is affecting my mental health. Been feeling a bit iffy the last week or 2 and I am now on antibiotics for a water infection. I feel like my whole body is made of lead and It's a huge effort to do anything. Also have my old pal brain fog back along with a low level headache I have had all week.

Same sort of symptoms that set me off every time. You could be your mortgage on it! I drove down to Swindon yesterday with my mum, my son and his girlfriend for the weekend as we are visiting my nans grave, I don't think the 6 hour drive yesterday did me any favours.

So the plan... well I have my planner back again and I've filled that out with activities, I've told my family I am struggling so I know I can chat to them, and I am back venting on my thread here. These things helped me last time I was in blip-ville so I'm telling myself they will help again. I have been here a couple of times before and I have helped myself without going back to the doctors and having a ven increase. Nice to know I can contact my doctor though if needed.

We are going shopping this morning, then visiting the grave this afternoon then going to dinner this evening, it seems I can't wait till bedtime at the minute though. My Google obsession is back so I'm making a promise right now not to Google symptoms as this helped before.

Let's hope the holiday in blip-ville is a short one!

Ava x

Bloody blip-ville, I'm back visiting it again and I'm really hoping it's not a long stay!

As usual my physical health is affecting my mental health. Been feeling a bit iffy the last week or 2 and I am now on antibiotics for a water infection.
    The blip has very likely been triggered by the infection, Ava. Anxiety disorders and depression are arguably the expression of an auto-immune system disorder disorder. Patients taking immune system boosting meds such as interferon to treat viral diseases and cancers are now often also routinely prescribed an AD because of this. Immune system proteins may also reduce the effectiveness of antidepressants.

See also:

I don't think the 6 hour drive yesterday did me any favours.
    I have recently being driving 8 hours a day twice a week so I feel your pain. Takes me a couple of days to get over it.

Hi Ava

I came across this thread by accident and got so involved with it I couldn't stop reading it. I made an account just to reply. I am on 75mg of Venlafaxine for nearly 6 weeks and so want this to work for me. I started off on Mirtazapine and have worked my way up to 45mg but my doctor wanted to add in Venlafaxine. I so want to stay on a low dose as this is all getting too much for me. I have only ever had 10mg of Citalopram which I had been on for 15 years. I had a few major life events that caused increased anxiety/depression back in June and for some reason the citalopram did not work??? they increased it but it made me so ill and I dont know why that it either. Had a quick change to the Mirt while reducing the Citalopram and all seemed good for a few weeks, then it went down hill. I have never suffered anything like this before and it is all new to me taking such medication. I read your thread and really want to know how you are getting on? xx

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information