Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Well here we go... 150mg

Re: Well here we go... 150mg

Thank you panic down under for replying to be well that gives me hope that maybe the meds are starting to kick in and in time maybe the anxiety side of it will subside too I was previously on this med but was on 150mg around 2 and half years ago came of it because wasn't recommended in pregnancy I guess I'm a little bit more calmer and relaxed then I was when I started was constant 24/7 anxious and panicky now I'm getting some relaxing time so I should be grateful for that and to know it's still early days gives me more hope thank you

Hi Kalie, we sound so similar in a lot of ways with previously being on Cit and now ven. It's good you are getting some relaxing time and fingers crossed in a few weeks things will be significantly better.

Still chugging along here, no change really. 8 weeks on the 150 ven dose and 2 weeks on the 30mg nort dose. Still suffering with anxiety. Better than I was but not anywhere near where I would like to be. It's the stomach anxiety I hate the most which I have today. Might give my doctor a call in two weeks when I have been on the nort a month and ask to be increased to 187. As much as I really don't want to increase, it's pointless being on the medication if it's not working correctly. I think giving it 10 weeks is long enough, unless i feel better in the next 2 weeks that is.

Still feeling sick and feel like I have an upset stomach and it's really doing me no good being at home on my own all day. Roll on Saturday when my husband is off work.

That's it for now. Ava x

Hi Ava,
    I know it's so disheartening when your getting some improvement but not completely where we want to be they do say some time it can take upto 12 weeks to get full benefits from the med especially if you have previously been on the med before for some reason it can take even longer to settle I joined at know when I was previously on this med it worked wonders for me and I hope to be at that place again soon I think it's also to do with covid and lockdown and feeling fed up with not many things we can do that makes it even worse for us hopefully not long and we will both be where we want to be with this medication I hope your sicky feeling goes soon nothing worse then feeling sick.
    Take care
    Kalie x

Hi maca44
    How long did your increase take to work I've been on it 5 weeks but have it upped 4 times in that time frame I'm currently on 225mg for 12 days now I see a little improvement like I don't go into full blown panic attacks but I am still quite anxious at the beginning I was getting a couple hours sleep now I'm falling asleep at 8 and sleeping until 3.30am the past 4 nights, I woke up today feeling panicky think I had a horrible dream last thing I heard in my dream was being put to sleep it's come and gone and come again the panicky feeling but without going into a attack my trigger used to be the big C word not covid because my nan died from it when I was 6 that's when my attacks started I'm 30 now they been worse then ever these last 5 weeks because my tablets stopped working so thats why I switched straight onto venlafaxine also I tested positive for covid I literally broke down and cried saying I'm going to die I only had it mildly thank god and symptoms went in 9 days but now I was stuck with the crippling anxiety and panic attacks I'm having so much more calmer relaxed days but the anxiety is still quite there a bit now all I keeping thinking is about stopping breathing and that's now my main trigger I think which I don't understand why I've not really had that before with my anxiety but it's like I'm fixated on it now well I seem to be alot this morning for some reason I had bloods done yesterday for reassurance like a full blood count thyroid liver kidney etc so I don't know if I'm subconsciously thinking about the results because my brother passed away 2 years ago from the horrible C to at 37 years old but I think I've coped well my anxiety didn't get worse or anything sorry for the long post I'm just rambling on also I think subconsciously Im worry if I would catch covid a second time again I'm sorry for my long post

Kalie you sound like you're really going through it at the moment, I was always told to give each dose increase at least 6 weeks before evaluating and I know some people say longer. I only held off increasing up to 187 and I had just increased the nort. if I am still as i am now I will ask to increase at my next review, then give it 6 to 8 weeks on that dose before I decide where to go next. With your worry of stopping breathing, is this just a worry or do you have symptoms that support this? Have you been checked over by a doctor?

Lost count where I am with both meds but I think almost 9 weeks on the ven and 2 ish weeks on the nort. No major changes, still having anxiety over not feeling well and still not feeling that great. Still have no get up and go and would just sit playing games on my phone all day if I let myself. My body just feels like a big block of lead and it's a massive effort heaving it around. Went to Asda yesterday lunchtime with the husband and it was a big shop because we needed food for Keto, I started really struggling half way through and really wanted out of there. Managed to finish it but felt out of breath and exhausted when I got back in the car. Felt like this till about 8pm where I could have happily attempted to jog round the block, popped out to get petrol and felt totally fine. Maybe I should save everything I do till after 7pm as I often feel a bit better then. Woke up today to the same aching muscles and huge effort feeling. Need to do some baking today as we are starting keto tomorrow, we wasn't quite organised enough last week. Also need to do some ironing. It's pants when you wake up feeling bloated, achy and exhausted. I have things to do and I just want to feel normal and get on with them. Hands are really aching today and i have to keep squeezing and flexing them.

Well I best get on with stuff and wait till 7 when I hopefully feel a bit better.
    Till later. Ava x

Hi Ava
    It's horrible we are in this waiting game to see if the meds will work it's full effect, it's a worry I feel I have a oximeter my sats are always 99% even when I say to my husband I can't breathe the only symptom I get is the chest tightness I've had ecgs done which was perfect and bloods which all came back clear just irons low so on folic acid for 4months I woke up today in a feel good mood bout 11.30 I was scrolling through FB saw something about Boris Johnson wanting to extend lockdown until September I wasn't feeling anxious and panicky then suddenly I felt my heart beat out my chest checked pulse was 114bpm sats 99% I don't suffer from heart palpitations so unsure if this was one so got me thinking why did it do that but then I think I was having such a relaxed calm day hoping it was just nothing and all part of anxiety.
    We both seem to be going on this rollercoaster hoping for more and more calmer relaxed days for us both.
    Take care
    Kalie x

Well today has been the best day since this all started, not perfect by any means but so much better than I have been. Pretty much no anxiety, mood fairly decent and got loads of work done. I will take that glady.

Started keto today, I think it's just a coincidence I've felt better but I enjoyed it and will be continuing. I've read that its anti inflammatory and is also good for energy. Even my 16 year old has had the same food as me today and enjoyed it. (He also drank 2 pints of milk though.)

I'm not counting my chickens though as I've had anxiety long enough to know not to quite trust it just yet but I will worry about tomorrow... tomorrow!!

Ava x

Morning all... Not updated for a few days so here goes.

Still feeling OK, no anxiety at all to speak of this week, It's taken a good 10-11 weeks to get here but glad I didn't increase too soon. Not sure if it's the extra 10mg of nort that's done it or the ven just kicked in more but either way I'm pleased.
    Mood is still a little low but I still have a few weeks before my next review with my doctor so I will see how I go. I'm still doing my weekly planner for my CBT and I find I quite like this, makes me do things I wouldn't normally do, don't have to push myself quite as much but still takes a bit of effort. Didn't like the mindfulness but at least I tried it. Not quite as tired this week either and no chest pains ect... It is clearly linked to the anxiety but it's very hard to see that at the time.

Started Keto on Monday so been on that all week and I'm finding I actually like it, it is meant to have a lot of health benefits and not just weight loss so I will keep on with it. That's it really but I will update soon.

Take care, Ava x

All looking very positive, Ava. Long may it last!!

Hey all, not updated for a month and things have been going OK. Not fantastic but I have been coping fine. Mood has been a little low but some of that could be to do with lockdown so I haven't really looked into it that much.

Been on Keto for 4 weeks now and I have lost over a stone so that's going in the right direction.

I have been released from my CBT, had about 5 sessions, didn't get loads out of it but a few things that I use.

Anxiety had been completely absent until yesterday... I woke up completely drained, I felt tired, weak and like I had no energy at all. Work was a massive effort and of course it didn't take to long for my old friend anxiety to pop up. I had the conversation with myself (I do that a lot) about how it might just be my body getting used to the reduced carbs with keto. It has been taking me ages to get to sleep the last few weeks and it's been gone 1am before I have drifted off. My alarm is then going off at 7am for work. I went to bed at half 9 last night and nodded off after an hour or so. I don't feel quite as weak today and I made myself eat more than I have been last night. Anxiety is lurking though.

I think I need to get back into a routine of using my weekly planner as I stopped doing this, and also of getting more sleep. I don't want to go rushing back to the doctor as she will most likely put me up to to 187mg and I am hoping this is just a little blip. Stuff I have easily gone past the last 4 weeks is now bothering me so it tells me that it's anxiety.

I will give myself a few weeks and see if I can use the tools I have to help myself first!

Ava x

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information