Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Well here we go... 150mg

Re: Well here we go... 150mg

Quote Originally Posted by Angiesuggs View Post
    How will it take longer to work if you have been on AD’s before?
    I don't know, but it often does.

Why is it called an SNRI when it isn’t really?
    I'm guessing mostly marketing. I doubt they'd be allowed to call it a SNRI if they were seeking regulatory approval for it now.

The lady who runs the group says it is an SNRI at 150mg but reading your comments it can’t be so.
    It only begins to block noradrenaline/norepinephrine reuptake transporters at 150-200mg, but even then only weakly.

Is Mirtazipine a good AD?
    It is mostly only a sedating antihistamine. Not a true AD.

...Most people say you need 150mg as it’s the lowest therapeutic dose??
    The therapeutic dose range for healthy adults is 75-225mg (up to 375mg for hospital inpatients). This applies to both immediate and slow-release formulations.

Hi all and happy new years eve!

Mixed bag the last couple of days and just confirmed today I have another water infection. The doctor has prescribed some stronger antibiotics and said I need to go back next week if it still hasn't gone. I think this is the same one from before Christmas that is still there.
    Anxiety is still there bubbling away all day at about a 5, or it settles to that uncomfortable feeling in my tummy that makes you think something is wrong but you don't know what. It's all very frustration. Still having a lot of tension and getting the headaches which is from the tension too.

Just waiting to go to my friends for a New Year party, don't really want to go but it's on my planner and I know it will do me good so I am going. We have all got negative PCR tests so that's good. Getting frustrated waiting to go though as we should have left at 3.30 but as usual my husband isn't ready and then he stresses me out last minute asking for stuff to be ironed ect... He is currently singing on kareoke with his daughter like we have all the time in the world, I have come here to update so I am not just sat waiting otherwise I will get stressed. We also have to drop the dog off before we leave and my friend lives about an hour away, we are going to be really late. We are going to pick a new bed up tomorrow and a new hallway unit so I will update more when i get home.

I hope you all have a great New Year.

Ava x

Hi both

Happy New Year. Thanks Ian for answering my questions. I just need to know useless things. Hope you did t mind.

Ava hope your party goes well and you are able to enjoy it.

I have been fine today again. I am truly hoping that the increase is beginning to work.

Sending love
    Angie 🥰

Hi Ava

I would love to know how you are getting on?

Angela 😘

Hi all, been getting on really well, my cbt has been going good and i was getting back into a good place, then...... Covid!

My son had it, then the other half, then last Friday I tested positive. I was ok over the weekend, had a bad headache, all bunged up and sinus pain, but nothing to bad. Then yesterday I started feeling strange and then my anxiety made an appearance and it hasn't gone since. I am really struggling as I have anxiety but just don't have the energy to deal with it. Had tears today which is unlike me. I have been trying to explain the strange feeling to my partner as this is the feeling that is scaring me but it's hard to explain although I will try...

I don't feel tired in that I need to close my eyes and sleep but you know that feeling when you cant concentrate on anything and you could just stare at the wall, I feel out of it like my mind is wading through a fog, my eyes feel heavy but not tired if that makes sense? I also feel quite low with it and I just want to cry. This is the feeling that is really scaring me. It's like I could blink and clear it. Usually I can do a bit of work and my anxiety will fade but it's like I cant even get my brain into work, it's just too much effort. I don't even know what to tell myself about this to make myself feel better.

I really hope it goes. Ava x

Hi Ava

It is so good to hear from you. I am really sorry that you have Covid. I hope you feel better soon

With your work do you get some time off if your have it or do you have to carry on working?

I am unsure of the feelings you are experiencing. Do you think it’s all related to Covid and not your anxiety? Covid produces many weird symptoms in people

Can I ask how long you were on 112.5 before you went up? I am sure things are starting to improve so I re-read your blog as I find it so helpful. As I said I feel that I have known you for years. I am sure PDU will be able to help as his messages are so informative and interesting.

Take care of yourself

Angie 😘

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise10 View Post
    you know that feeling when you cant concentrate on anything and you could just stare at the wall, I feel out of it like my mind is wading through a fog, my eyes feel heavy but not tired if that makes sense? I also feel quite low with it and I just want to cry.
    An immune system in overdrive may trigger or worsen anxiety and depression, Ava. In several respects, anxiety and depression are the symptoms of an immune system disorder. Patients taking immune system boosting meds such as interferon to treat viral diseases and cancers are now often also routinely prescribed an AD because of this. Immune system proteins may also reduce the effectiveness of antidepressants. One of the brain regions most affected is the hippocampus with, among other things, regulates memory hence the concentration issues.

You should begin feeling better as the infection eases.

See also:

Hi both, Angie I was on 112mg for a few months before I increased, I have always tried to give each increase 6-8 weeks. Are you thinking of increasing? I thought you were doing well? With regards to work, we are working from home still at the moment, I haven't worked this week and my boss has been amazing.

Ian, thank you. You would think I would see this but it's like I never can when I am poorly.

Today is day 7 of testing positive and I tested this morning and I am still positive, bit frustrating as my son and partner were only positive for 5-6 days. I don't do well when I feel under the weather as that is my trigger for anxiety so I guess it was just a matter of time. Also I can't go and see my mum as that's where I go when my anxiety is bad. Still up and down with the anxiety but I guess that is to be expected while I still feel rubbish and testing positive.

Oh well, I guess another chance to practice my cbt skills!!

Here is to tomorrow and fingers crossed being negative.

Take care all, Ava x

Hi Ava

I am starting to feel the benefits of the 112.5mg now. The only thing that hasn’t come back for me at the moment is the contentment or your happiness with each day. It’s hard to explain. Like looking forward to something which may seem trivial. It I was always content doing. I will try and explain a bit more. On a Saturday I do my housework which seems boring but I really enjoy doing it. Then I would shower and sit down and light a candle and watch some tv. At the moment I don’t have that looking forward thing. Not sure if your get what I mean. My energy has come back and I sleep and eat well. So there are changes being made. I think when I get that contentment with my life back I know I will be on my way. My doctor is ringing me on 9th Feb for a catch up and that will be 9 weeks on this dose. I am hoping I won’t need to go to the 150mg but I want to be complete. If your get my meaning

So sorry you are still not feeling well. I hope today you test negative. Please let me know.

Much love
    Angie 😘

Hi Angie, I know exactly what you mean. I think for me the best way to explain things is the Ven has always helped with my anxiety and I have got on with things again but I never felt like the light bulb in my head was switched back on. The best thing to do is tell your doctor this on the 9th of Feb and see what they suggest. I always try to be honest with my doctor and then go with what they suggest. I notice you are England too, where abouts in the country are you? Are you married? Kids? Just being nosey now haha.

So I tested positive again today, it is starting to get me down now and it's really messing with my anxiety. I have redone my planner this morning for the rest of this week and next week, just easy stuff, no walking the dog etc as i'm not allowed out yet and I must make sure I am drinking more water and eating healthy, I think because I have been unwell we have been living off takeaways which isn't good. I will also go back to work on Monday as the structure does me good. I keep having to tell myself I have a reason for feeling rubbish but it just doesn't seem to be helping at the moment.

Catch up soon, Ava x

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information