Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Well here we go... 150mg

Re: Well here we go... 150mg

Hi All...

Just a quick update, day 4 saw some different side effect hit, about 7pm I went completely spaced out, it was OK though I just watched TV and went to bed about 11. Woke up yesterday the same but it wore off quite quickly. I got ready and went into town to get some wool and knitting Needles as my mum taught me the other day then went to Asda and did a shop, came home cooked tea and then watched TV with my hubby and step daughter. No high anxiety at all, just low level under the surface stuff. Went to bed about midnight.

Woke up this morning day 6, again no mad anxiety or agitation. Had to force some food down for my tablets though. We are going to see friends this afternoon as we are all going on holiday together in April so we are going to book it.

This isn't like any other increase, I'm normally climbing the walls by now so not sure what's going on, I do seem to have more energy though so fingers crossed that continues.

Angie good idea about writing down how you feel, that way you will have a record for your doctor if you need it. It's wrong they have opinions like that, you know best how you feel so push if you think you need to increase.

Right I am off to do day 6.

Take care. Ava xx

HI Ava

You do sound as if you are making really good progress. Maybe even 187.5 is enough to keep everything at bay. I had a really bad day yesterday not sure why? I thought I was doing ok and getting back to normal. The anxiety was there maybe not as bad as it was months ago before I started Ven. Did you have days like that?

I have got up this morning and not so bad but feel not like I have been the last few weeks. I am hoping its just the settling in period still.

Have a good day

Angie

Hi Angie, all part of the settling in process. I had the odd bad day here and there in the early days or the odd couple of days. It should all level out as you go forward. We all have bad days even when not on medication.

I do seem to be doing OK on this increase, my energy levels have improved, that happened in the first few days so fingers crossed it progresses.

Ava xx

Hi Ava

i am so glad that things are going well for you. It seems to be that this increase has not caused too many issues as I know you were really scared of going up a dose. Did your book your holiday? It’s also amazing that you can think about going away now without worrying too much.

Did you do ok on 112.5 before you went up to the 150?

take care

Angie xx

No not booked the holiday yet but been to the travel agents tonight and thinking of Egypt.

With regards to my dose I went to 112mg and things leveled out at 8 weeks. I always think of 12 weeks as the max to try a dose and then to increase, although this time I'm doing 187 for another week then going to 225 re the psychs instructions, also reduced the nortryptline yesterday.

Another so so day today which is day 8, no crazy anxiety, just waiting for something to happen now I guess although I know it's too early.

Keep plodding on.

Ava xx

Hi Ava

You see to be doing really well I am so pleased for you. I have been to Egypt many years ago now and loved it.

Just to update you I rang my GP yesterday and had a few tears which is not like me. I asked to go to the 150mg which she gladly advised so it was the battle I was expecting. Most people I know are on 150mg and are doing really well so I hope this is the case for me.

I am also hoping it kicks in much sooner but this maybe wishful thinking. Reading past post from you on here you seemed to do well on 150mg for sometime?

Are you more relaxed about taking this higher dose now? Sometimes I still have a hang up about taking medication. When I took citalopram I never classed it as an antidepressant I was just something I took each day and never thought about it.

I have a really hang up about taking these meds and I don't know why? If they keep the anxiety/depression at bay and I can really enjoy my life why would I feel awkward about taking them?

Well anyway, hope you have a good day and that you feel things improving soon

With love

Angie xx

Hi Angie, I am doing OK. No anxiety really at all and a little extra energy which is good. Day 11 for me now and I go up to 225mg next Tuesday. Also dropped 10mg off the nortryptline earlier this week and no effects at all from that. Just a waiting game now.

I really hope the 150mg is the little boost you need for that final part to come back, you have given the 112mg a good amount of time so this could be the last little bit you need. I was OK for quite a while at 150mg so fingers crossed you will be too.

It might be you feel this way about the venlafaxine as it's not working 100% yet and when it does you might think about it the same way as cit. I do know what you mean though as I was the same but then I felt 100% on them and I haven't got to that level yet on the ven.

We will both get there.

Ava xx

Hi Ava

So lovely to hear from you and that you are doing so well. I bet you can’t believe how seem less this transition has been. I really hope and have my fingers crossed that the 225mg will be the same. Can’t believe it’s been nearly two weeks since you started the increase. That time has gone quickly.

I am hoping I just need that tiny bit more to put all the jigsaw pieces together and get my whole life back. I think I only need that last shove and I also have my fingers crossed that this will work. Know so many people on 150mg that do really well and have been on them for years.

Not sure how long in total you have been on these? For me it’s only been 4 months. I just crave my old life back when I could do anything and go anywhere without thinking (obvs before Covid)

Haven’t heard from Ian in a while I hope he is well. Such an interesting man and so informative.

wishing you well on this windy weekend.

Angie xx

Hi all, well I have done the 2 weeks of the increased dose of 187.5mg and I am now on day 3 of 225. I have also dropped the nort to 20mg and go down to 10mg next Tuesday.

The first week of the 187 I had a few spacey moments, my anxiety reduced and my energy also increased, towards the end of week 2 the increased energy went and I started getting some headaches. The first few days on the 225mg the headaches have been quite constant and I have also felt quick sicky even though I make sure I take my tablets with food. I have also felt a bit agitated and restless but no crazy anxiety. I have my next Phych appointment in 4 weeks when I will have been on this dose for 4 weeks and I will be off the nort by then as well. Not needed any diazepam at all so far either which is great. Am finding I could eat everything in sight though which isn't good.

I have my third cbt session this afternoon, not to sure on this yet as for the last 2 weeks I have been recording everything that I do in 2 hour blocks and then rating my emotion next to each one, mine is full of either frustration or flat... I do make myself do a lot though. Not noticed any lift in mood yet though. Maybe too early.

Angie how are you getting on with the 150mg? I hope you are doing well.

Take care all, Ava x

So today is day 7 on 225mg of ven, I would say up to now day 5 was the worst, I felt really sick all day to the point of whenever I moved I felt like I was going to throw up. Wasn't nice. Since then I would say the main side effects have been headaches, they are pretty much constant at the moment and I also have some jaw ache, and nausea. The side effects seem to become more noticeable in the afternoons and then wear off early evening. I was expecting much worse but I have no increase in anxiety at all. Winner winner chicken dinner. (I just need them to work now.)

I am dropping the nort tomorrow by another 10mg so that will leave me just on 10mg of that which I will stop in another week or 2. I am due to see the phych in 3 weeks and by then I will have been on this dose for 4 weeks.

Well that's it for now. Ava x

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread Information