Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Well here we go... 150mg

Re: Well here we go... 150mg

Thank you ava for your reply I managed to fall asleep with it I woke up thinking I couldn't breathe and heart racing but I didnt go into a full blown panic then I started thinking why am I feeing like this I thought I was getting better as yesterday was a ok day and I kind of felt like I was here no derealization I checked my sats they were a 99 percent but chest felt tight I was thinking that I'm dying that I'm not going to see my husband kids and mum and dad anymore felt this time it felt real I literally ended up crying I look around and see so many ppl happy and I feel so lost and sad I'm sick Nd tired of thinking every day I'm dying that my heart is just going to pack in and stop beating or I'm going to stop breathing thinking no surely this can't be anxiety and panic attacks I can't feel like this 24/7 it's so exhausting thinking are my tablets going to start working or Ami going to be like this for ever this has been the worst for 23 days since that positive covid result even tho my symptoms behave now gone I'm still worrying is it still in my body because it still came back positive a week ago that I'm going to end up in hospital even tho I have no symptoms now and it's been 23 days I just can't seem to switch my mind off.
    I'm so happy for you ava that now your anxiety is really reduced it's a total beast and so horrible and that your managing to do things even if you are struggling do you have the same feelings and thoughts as I do or are yours different and your right it really helps to write on here.thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Kalie galea View Post
    even tho my symptoms behave now gone I'm still worrying is it still in my body because it still came back positive a week ago that I'm going to end up in hospital even tho I have no symptoms now
    Buy yourself a packet of balloons and every time the anxiety demon tells you Covid is coming back and especially when you think you can't breath, blow one up. Anyone at death's door because of Covid couldn't get enough air into a balloon to smooth out the wrinkles.

Thank you that is a fantastic idea I'm going to try this one

Kalie, I don't get the same thoughts as you as I haven't had covid but regardless of what the thoughts are they are still fuelled by anxiety. I get anxiety when I don't feel well and i don't know why, I then start googling and make myself more anxious. I haven't googled now for a month and it's helping. The balloon idea that Ian suggested is a great idea and worth a try. I've found ven quite a slow acting med and it was 8 weeks previously on the 112mg dose before I felt better so you are still early days. Keep going you will get there.

Very up and down at the moment, yesterday was OK, didn't really do much but I managed alright. Today has been difficult though. Felt a bit sick today and really felt like I was dragging myself around. Took me ages to wake up properly this morning. Went out with my husband this morning to get a few bits and then went into town with my youngest this afternoon as he wanted to swap some trainers he had bought. I struggled through most of it.
    My CBT therapist has given me a sheet I have to fill in where I have to put a task in morning, afternoon and evening each day and I have to fill it out for the week beforehand. The tasks have to be things I used to enjoy like baking, things with other people (i did try telling her we are in a pandemic) and things that involve a form of exercise. So tomorrow, the morning task is to do my hair and make up, the afternoon is to take the dog out and the evening is family games night. I have to do all of them regardless of how I feel then put a rating next to them. I've planned a full 7 days so I will give it a go, although I think I already make myself do a lot.

Kalie, Ian and everyone else I wish you all a Happy New Year as I doubt I will get on tomorrow.
    Take care, Ava x

Thank you so much Ava for your reply anxiety sure is a beast altho your struggling while you out the main thing is you still go out no matter if you struggle your strength is inspiring I really think I would benefit from some CBT it never worked years ago but it's been over 10 years since I tried so wouldnt harm to give it another try I hope you continue to make improvements and overcome the demon I wish you a happy new year and may it bring you lots of happiness x

Kalie I got cbt through self referral with iesohttps://www.iesohealth.com/en-gb
    Link for you, it was really easy and I got an appointment within 2 weeks. My doctor told me about it.

You are strong too, anyone who suffers anxiety is strong, you may not feel it but you are. X

Ok so tomorrow will be 6 weeks on the 150mg dose... While I feel better than I did and the anxiety is greatly reduced I can't say that I feel at 100%. I'd say more like 75%. I have yet to start the increase of the Nortryptline up to 30mg. For some reason I keep putting this off, I think it's because I don't want to knock the fragile boat I'm in as I don't think it would take much. I must start them though so I will go for Friday in case they make me a little groggy for the first few days. Had the hot cheeks this afternoon which I haven't had for a while now. Anxiety does creep up late afternoon every day for a little while still. I have been keeping up with my CBT very day and continuing to do the daily tasks that are on there. It is defo making me do more than I was as I have to do these things no matter how I feel then rate the emotion of how I felt doing them. Is frustration an emotion as that's what I mainly feel doing them, mainly because I just don't feel right. My dog is loving it though as he hasn't been out so much in ever!

I have a review in 10 days with my doctor and I imagine she will want to increase me to 187.5mg if I am as I am now, that terrifies me to be honest as although I am not 100% I am better than I was and I know I will have to go through hell again if I increase. Anxiety really sucks sometimes!
    I am still scanning myself and thinking about it 24/7 even though the anxiety is reduced, my mood hasn't shifted at all and although I don't feel sad I think I just feel flat in that I don't get excited or look forward to things or feel content and settled. It's so hard to explain feelings isn't it?

Had a busy few days, we had a games night on News Years Eve, I didn't have anxiety but found myself wanting it to be midnight so I could go up to bed. Took the tree down over the weekend, did a load of ironing, cleaned right through the house, had a bubble bath, walked the dog 50 thousand times (OK a few times) and did some baking. Was a struggle getting up for work today but I had put on my CBT sheet to do my hair and make up for work so had to do that before 9am. Well I think that's it for now, will update soon.
    Take care all, Ava x

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise10 View Post
    Ok so tomorrow will be 6 weeks on the 150mg dose... While I feel better than I did and the anxiety is greatly reduced I can't say that I feel at 100%. I'd say more like 75%.
    75% is pretty good for 6 weeks, Ava.

I have yet to start the increase of the Nortryptline up to 30mg. For some reason I keep putting this off, I think it's because I don't want to knock the fragile boat I'm in as I don't think it would take much.
    A 10mg jump is unlikely to trigger significant side-effects especially as 30mg is still a low dose. You could increase by 5mg for the first week if you wish and the tablets you have allow for it.

Anxiety does creep up late afternoon every day for a little while still.
    Has an increase in anxiety through the day peaking toward evening been your usual pattern, or is this a change since increasing the venlafaxine dose?

I have a review in 10 days with my doctor and I imagine she will want to increase me to 187.5mg if I am as I am now, that terrifies me to be honest as although I am not 100% I am better than I was and I know I will have to go through hell again if I increase.
    Don't go crossing bridges before you get to them, Ava. A lot can change in 10 days at this point in a dose increase. You may well be in a completely different frame of mind by then.

Anxiety really sucks sometimes!
    Sometimes?

I am still scanning myself and thinking about it 24/7 even though the anxiety is reduced, my mood hasn't shifted at all and although I don't feel sad I think I just feel flat in that I don't get excited or look forward to things or feel content and settled. It's so hard to explain feelings isn't it?
    Occasional introspection is good, but not as a daily habit. Most of the time just blissfully sallying forth singing 'Que Sera, Sera' makes for a much more pleasant life. It is delving into the minutiae that often brings us undone with anxiety, not the big stuff, so avoid 'sweating the small stuff'.

Hi all....
    Ian it has been this way since I started the increase, my usual anxiety will be first thing in the morning and maybe ease evening time, since the increase I notice my anxiety ramps up late afternoon for a few hours but is OK during the day. Always seems to be about 7 hours after I have taken the ven. Nothing I can't handle though just a bit uncomfortable.

So about 6 and a half weeks in now and this week hasn't been that great, mainly because I've felt quite unwell all week. This is usually a trigger for my anxiety and although I have noticed it creep up a bit, it hasn't been full on anxiety meltdown so that's a plus. Another plus which is a massive one for me is that I still haven't googled, even though I have been so temped to this week to try and find out why I'm feeling unwell. I would normally put my symptoms into google and then spend hours looking into this ache or that and contemplating all sorts, but not once have me and google crossed paths in well over a month. (Well done me.) I've been hitting the paracetamol the last few days as I am waking up with such sore muscles in my arms and back, they are so stiff and tight and even my jaw ached this morning as well as my fingers and hands. Also have a headache. I seem to have an upset stomach too, it changes between stomach ache and intense nausea. It's either the ven causing these things (although surely not after 6 or so weeks) or maybe I just have a stomach bug. It's the nausea getting me down the most as it's difficult to do things when you feel like this and I have things on my CBT sheet that I have to do daily, I've found this hard the last couple of days. My husband said to ring the doctor but I will start the Nortryptline tonight and if I am still having these issues when I have my review on Thursday I will ask the doctor about them then. As usual though it's my physical health that is setting off my mental health.

Have an online quiz tonight with friends and I also ordered some craft stuff yesterday which is coming today as I didn't enjoy the baking last week and I've read that crafting is often good for mental health so I will give it a whirl.
    I will update again soon.
    Take care, Ava x

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise10 View Post
    since the increase I notice my anxiety ramps up late afternoon for a few hours but is OK during the day. Always seems to be about 7 hours after I have taken the ven.
    Plasma levels of extended-release venlafaxine peak at between 6-9 hours after taking the med, Ava. However, that is for a one-off dose. With regular dosing plasma levels usually stabilize to a steady-state after a few days and then normally don't vary much across 24 hours, but fast metabolisers may experience some variation although I would have expected it to occur closer to the time of the next dose. You may be the exception that proves the rule...there always has to be one. Sigh! You could try taking it say 4-5 hours before bed so the anxiety ramps up while you're sleeping, although this might affect sleep.

It's either the ven causing these things (although surely not after 6 or so weeks) or maybe I just have a stomach bug. It's the nausea getting me down the most as it's difficult to do things when you feel like this and I have things on my CBT sheet that I have to do daily, I've found this hard the last couple of days.
    Given the timing I suspect it is some type of bug, but can't rule out it being the venlafaxine. Ginger and/or vitamin B6 supplements may help.

As usual though it's my physical health that is setting off my mental health.
    Anxiety disorders (also depression) are arguably auto-immune disorders and an immune system in overdrive battling an infection can cause a worsening of both anxiety and depression independent of any psychological impact. Patients prescribed immune system boosting meds such as interferon are how also routinely prescribed an AD because of this.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information