So two weeks ago I thought I found what felt like a lump in my breast. Instead of getting worked up over it I decided the best thing to do was to go to the doctor and ask her to check. She checked and said she could not feel anything concerning but would refer me to the breast clinic given the family history (my mum had breast cancer).
This was all fine until The breast clinic have told me I would have to wait 9 weeks to be seen due to covid!! Not their fault but also not ideal when all I will do is worry.
Anyway I decided I would book privately to get a scan done just so I could have it out the way...well I turned up for my appointment only to find out that the sonographer had left the week before - (can't make this stuff up). The doctor there offered to do a check of my breasts to give me piece of mind and said she could feel lumpiness but again nothing sinister and said if it were her she would be happy to wait for my referral.

Should I feel reassured by this? Logically I think I should but I am struggling to get my mind to the place where I have some peace. another 6 weeks of waiting seems so long. Any tips on how to stop my mind going round would be good.