Thread: Pharmacy have forgotton to order my Camcolit

Pharmacy have forgotton to order my Camcolit

I am new to Camcolit but not new to lithium. I was changed to Camcolit when the drug manufacturers threatened to withdraw priadel. The pharmacy haven’t ordered my medication and I only have two doses left. What would happen if I missed a dose or used some priadel that I still have ?
    Thank you for helping.

Re: Pharmacy have forgotton to order my Camcolit

Hiya EJ, long time no see

I don't have the answer to your question, but maybe ring your GP and ask them if there is anyway you could speed up the order and if it is ok for you to miss the dose.

Emmz xx

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thanks Emmz. I’m going to chase it up this morning. It has caused me to lose sleep. I have left another forum so I’m happy to come back here.

I think the medication hasn’t been authorised for some reason. So it isn't the pharmacies fault. I’ve been taking lithium for over twenty years now.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethJane View Post
    I am new to Camcolit but not new to lithium. I was changed to Camcolit when the drug manufacturers threatened to withdraw priadel. The pharmacy haven’t ordered my medication and I only have two doses left. What would happen if I missed a dose or used some priadel that I still have ?
    Thank you for helping.
    Camcolit and Priadel both have lithium carbonate as the active ingredient so do the same thing, however, there may be differences in the way each of their sustain/modified-release tablets release the drug which may, or may not affect serum levels. The literature on the subject is clouded by marketing dispute and hype and I don't know enough to be able to sort the wheat from the chaff. I'm guessing switching back to the same dose Priadel for a day, or two won't make a significant difference, but I suggest you get your pharmacist's opinion on this first. I understand many people have been switched recently so the pharmacy probably has had feedback on any problems that may have arisen.

Hi EJ - lovely to see you again

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for all your replies. I phoned the pharmacy and they had got my prescription for Camcolit. It was all a misunderstanding by me being me I thought the worst. It’s good to be back I’m sorry it has taken a long time. I’m retired now and still taking lithium and mirtazapine with diazepam and zopiclone as required. I don’t usually need them however.
    I left another forum ‘under a cloud’ so it is good that people still know me here.

Hi EJ. Nice to see you here again

Belle x

Thank you Belle x

Nice to see you back EJ

Lolalee.

Thread Information