This film has showed up on YouTube on and off, and was filmed circa 1975 (2 years before I was born), and was centred on Blackburn, Lancs, England (I think) and dealt with errant kids in said area who had been caught stealing, physically assaulting their parents, and many more depictions of chronically dysfunctional families at the time.

Even though it was very much of its time, I found it very poignant and quite an uncomfortable watch on occasions, especially as I could sense many underlying issues within each of the families of the affected kids that were often greatly overlooked by the police, social workers, teachers, etc at the time (and sadly still today in some instances) and I personally found Sgt Ray, the main Juvenile Liaison officer in the programme extremely cringe-worthy, even at my age now.

And there was a case where the police were summoned to deal with one teenage girl for telling her mom to eff off, (where said girl was given a rollicking by the female officer over it and thought of as a 'slut') a bit OTT, even in the 70s. For better or worse, that would be totally unthinkable nowadays, and no doubt considered a waste of valuable police time.

Does this doc film ring any bells with anyone?