Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone to talk to please

Someone to talk to please

I found out yesterday that that man I have been seeing has got engaged but I had no idea he was seeing someone else. Our entire relationship was a lie. He was the only man who has taken an interest in me in over 15 years. I have such low self-esteem and this has knocked me for six. He hasn't even told me, I just saw a post online. I can't stop crying. I have been thinking of ways to ending it. I have nobody to talk to. I woke this morning hoping it was all a bad dream. I don't know what to do. I'm so stressed out. My period arrived today when it wasn't supposed to. I don't know if this is because of stress but I worry I am going through the menopause. Me and this man were trying for a baby and I felt this was my last hope before it's too late for my to get pregnant. I can't take much more and don't know what to do.

Re: Someone to talk to please

Hi DB09. I really am so sorry to hear this, its no wonder you've been hit for six. I don't want to make too much judgement on this man, what he has done is quite clearly wrong, and to string you along in this way is unforgivable. He could at least have told you about this other woman face to face and not allow you to find out via the internet!!

However, I do think you need to focus on yourself now. You are going to be in shock, something as profound as this will make you feel your world has fallen apart. Have you anyone you can talk to about this? Family or friends? I also think a chat with your GP would be in order. There is also the Samaritans. And of course there is here. You've made a good start by reaching out.

If you are thinking of harming yourself then please talk to someone now. Remember though, you are not defined by the actions of this man. You are worth so much more than that, it is his loss and you will get through this. Please stay safe and keep posting here if it helps.

DB09 I’m so very sorry to hear this what an awful thing to do to somebody, but you know what darling you can get through this, don’t let this horrible event define you, you deserve so much better than to be treated in such a disrespectful way, good riddance to him i say. Please don’t do anything silly you’re life is worth living & if you need to talk we’re all here for you. Take care

Quote Originally Posted by DB09 View Post
    I found out yesterday that that man I have been seeing has got engaged but I had no idea he was seeing someone else. Our entire relationship was a lie. He was the only man who has taken an interest in me in over 15 years. I have such low self-esteem and this has knocked me for six. He hasn't even told me, I just saw a post online. I can't stop crying. I have been thinking of ways to ending it. I have nobody to talk to. I woke this morning hoping it was all a bad dream. I don't know what to do. I'm so stressed out. My period arrived today when it wasn't supposed to. I don't know if this is because of stress but I worry I am going through the menopause. Me and this man were trying for a baby and I felt this was my last hope before it's too late for my to get pregnant. I can't take much more and don't know what to do.
    Sorry this has happened to you - you've certainly been treated badly by this man..

Stress used to throw my periods out, sometime early - sometimes late - why do you presume menopause?

As Fish said, please don't harm yourself on account of this person. Why give him that much power over you? Best thing you can do is to remove him from your social media/phone etc and allow time to pass.

You won't always feel like you do now. Better days will come. But you do have to let this person go.

Thank you for your reply Nora. I worry about the menopause because I am so desperate to have a baby and fear my time is running out. I felt this man was my last hope. I had been single for 15 years before I met him and I can't imagine meeting anyone else again. I feel my whole dreams have been shattered.

Thank you so much for your reply. It means a lot x

Thank you. I am trying to take each day as it comes from now on.

Did you get my PM?

Did you get my PM? Nvm, saw that you did. That resource saved me. I can't encourage you enough to read on there.

Thank you Vee, I have been reading the website today. It's very helpful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information