Thread: I’m struggling

I’m struggling

Hi, I’m 33 female

I had an achy leg for some time told to take ibuprofen 3 times a day for 14 days, doctor said go to a&e for bloods this was day 8 of ibuprofen and they did the bloods everything fine but my liver enzyme was alt 42 and ggt 216. Doctor assumed I was a heavy drinker as kept asking me questions regarding how much I drank I obviously hadn’t been drinking while taking meds but I do have a couple glasses of wine a night or skip a night. I’ve stopped drinking until I have a scan. Doctor has referred me for a scan as I had a liver condition while pregnant with my daughter 6 years ago. She said after scan will have more bloods. I’ve had ache in right side of back for years and now I’m like what if this is linked and I’ve actually got cancer cos I’ve lost it and just assumed it’s wear and tear

I’ve also had an ache in my chest for 8 weeks when I cough I don’t have a cough but it’s more clear your throat cough so she’s sending me for an X-ray.

For last two months 9 days before my period is due I’ve been spotting or bleeding lightly it’s same time every month a week after ovulation I’m waiting for my actual period to come this month, my gp checked me over and said cervix looked fine etc and probably Hormone related but when they do my liver scan she’ll have them check uterus and ovaries

I’m a mess I can’t stop googling and I’ve got it in my head I have liver cancer, uterus cancer and lung cancer. Im literally nonstop googling I’ve never been like this before.

Re: I’m struggling

All that ibuprofen likely messed with your liver enzymes. I think you are taking that (which likely has a reasonable explanation) and then loosely trying to link it to other random things going on, which HA is great at doing. I hope you can get some relief with your scan.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyashworth View Post
    Hi, I’m 33 female

I had an achy leg for some time told to take ibuprofen 3 times a day for 14 days, doctor said go to a&e for bloods this was day 8 of ibuprofen and they did the bloods everything fine but my liver enzyme was alt 42 and ggt 216. Doctor assumed I was a heavy drinker as kept asking me questions regarding how much I drank I obviously hadn’t been drinking while taking meds but I do have a couple glasses of wine a night or skip a night. I’ve stopped drinking until I have a scan. Doctor has referred me for a scan as I had a liver condition while pregnant with my daughter 6 years ago. She said after scan will have more bloods. I’ve had ache in right side of back for years and now I’m like what if this is linked and I’ve actually got cancer cos I’ve lost it and just assumed it’s wear and tear
    My friend had liver cancer and what you're describing sounds nothing like what she went through. For a start my friend's skin was yellow - as were the whites of her eyes.

It's known that Ibuprofen when taken consistently - affects liver function - this is one reason I stopped taking it with my migraines because I have a lot of them. So the first thing I'd be doing is stopping taking those and get a re-check on liver function.

When you have multiple symptoms it's easy to thing we're riddled with cancer. This is how HA works. I have fibromyalgia which has lots of symptoms - so maybe you can understand that me reacting to those symptoms fearfully took me to mental breakdown? This morning I have an unexplained pain in abdomen that's been there for 11 weeks, pain in my both legs, in my left toe, both knees, back ache, headaches, blurred vision, loss of appetite, vibrations in my feet and flutters in my pelvic area. In HA world, that equals 'riddled with cancer'. In reality it's mostly a flare up of a non-life threatening condition..

Your symptoms don't sound like cancer, but your HA mind will absolutely make connections which are not there.

I’m a mess I can’t stop googling and I’ve got it in my head I have liver cancer, uterus cancer and lung cancer. Im literally nonstop googling I’ve never been like this before.
    Googling convinced me I had cancer but medical science said otherwise...

Hi luckyashworth, how are you feeling now? I'm going through a similar HA flare up, lurching from all sorts of cancer diagnosis. Mainly due to a pain in my shoulder. Hope you're OK.

Thread Information