Thread: Colar bone lymph node, advice please

Colar bone lymph node, advice please

Hi all, been a really long time since I've suffered with my HA and I've been grateful for the normality in my life! I'm really gutted its started up again because I happened by chance while touching my colar bone area yesterday and felt a small lump, I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck which never go down because I have ear troubles and I they never trigger anxiety for me anymore, but I've read nodes in the collar bone are bad?! I had no idea about this and now I'm in a downward spiral.

Its only on the right side, can nodes be around the collar bone and be harmless? Why is it such a bad area? I've had a large pimple on my upper back on the right side the past few days, could it be that?

Re: Colar bone lymph node, advice please

Yes, I’ve had this and still do. After a flu shot last year my left collarbone lymph node swelled up. It wasn’t movable at that time but it was painful for a few days. Afterwards it reduced in size and became movable. I can still feel it as it is a bit bigger than my regular shotty nodes however it is smaller than what it was and has been there for a year so I can assume it’s okay

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    Yes, I’ve had this and still do. After a flu shot last year my left collarbone lymph node swelled up. It wasn’t movable at that time but it was painful for a few days. Afterwards it reduced in size and became movable. I can still feel it as it is a bit bigger than my regular shotty nodes however it is smaller than what it was and has been there for a year so I can assume it’s okay
    Thank you for your reply! I've never noticed them there before, had the ones in my neck for years. I think it worried me because its only one sided.

Like I said I'm trying hard not to go back into my severe HA ways, it used to control my life, I have 2 kids now and don't want that to happen!

NHS website says if you notice nodes in the collar bone area to see your gp. Im stressed out. Should we not be able to feel them?

I had a personal experience with a collar bone lymph node.

Neck felt stiff one day at work, rubbed my neck, and felt it as clear as day. I almost fainted from horror because I saw the same things you saw online.

I went to an Urgent Care (I'm in the US) and luckily had one of their best doctors look at it. It was definitely swollen, but he didn't really seem to care. Told me probably a sinus infection or something.

After a while it disappeared. That was 6 years ago at this point. I had a flu shot right before, so I always attributed it to that.

If it's not the size of a golf ball or getting larger then you don't need to worry

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    If it's not the size of a golf ball or getting larger then you don't need to worry
    Back when I had these concerns, I heard this exact thing from every doctor.

Been trying to be good these past few days and not feel it. Always end up checking in the shower.

I dont think it's gotten bigger but it feels easier to find, probably because I know where to look!

Quote Originally Posted by Londonlady View Post
    probably because I know where to look!
    Absolutely!

Sorry me again. It hasnt gotten smaller do you think I can assume.it will never go back down? I'm 90% it hasnt gotten bigger but hate that I can still feel the bloody thing.

Thread Information