Thread: Vcjd fear

Vcjd fear

Recently i have started to worry about vcjd. I eat a lot of processed meats salami, sausages etc. But i never worried about it so i have ate lot of beef as well. I know mad cow is rare in UK. But the thing i am worried about is the products i have been eating so for eg: sausages or salamis from turkey or from another country. I even searched for those brands online they are not really popular couldnt find any info, so does that mean it doesnt really go through quaity check. I am worried about getting vcjd from products of other countries even if it is sold in the Uk. Are the beefs tested for the disease same as it is in the whole world before packed? Please someone give me info.

Re: Vcjd fear

Its SO incredibly and ridiculously rare... To the point that you stand a better chance getting hit by lighting or hitting the lotto. Besides, do you not think the UK has stringent guidelines for imported products?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 29-11-20 at 19:59.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the reply. You are right actually but i just cant get it out of my mind and its so scary that there is no cure for it.

Mad cow fear

What are the odds of getting mad cow from processed beef like salamis and sausages? Do the products get tested? I heard that sausages are made of intestine so is that high risk for BSE? Please help i cant sleep because of this worry!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Mad cow fear

Don't you think there would be hundreds of people ill if this was the case?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Mad cow fear

How are we so sure mad cow is wiped of from the UK as it has a long incubation period? I have been eating beef a lot and im worried about it time to time.
    How did UK even manage to get it at the first place dont they know how to farm cows?

Thread Information