Thread: Seeing things / confusion

Seeing things / confusion

Hey guys! So yesterday I was re-organizing my wallet and noticed my husbands health card. I was kind of weirded out that I had it. Anyway I mentioned it to my husband and he was like “no I have it”. Sure enough I re-checked my wallet and it wasn’t there! Granted we all have the same exact coloured health cards but I was convinced I saw his picture. How could I have done that? And this morning I was convinced I had done my daughters underwear laundry. Sure enough I hadn’t ! I went crazy looking. I’m so worried. I’m only 33 but I know these things aren’t normal. Has this ever happened to you?

Re: Seeing things / confusion

Yes it is normal with heightened anxiety.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Really? I even saw his pic on the health card! Was I hallucinating? It is the same colour as mine and the pic is black and white in the same place but I’m still scared :(

I’m only 33 but I know these things aren’t normal.
    Yes, they are normal. You had a mental connection that it was his card, presumed it and your mind imagined you saw his picture at a quick scan. Just shows how strong the human brain can be, thats why witness statements are so dodgy from people (plenty of studies done on it), people imagine, presume, falsely remember and make subtractions or additions to things they see. It also shows how much power is there at your fingertips to change behaviours surrounding HA.

Thank you Carys.

I feel a lot better today. I did about twenty minutes of meditation last night. It was difficult to stay in the present but I’m happy that I was able to stick to it. I hope to be more consistent with it because it really really helped.

Thread Information