Thread: Vulva cancer?

Vulva cancer?

Hi everyone, this is first time posting. I often read this forum to try and feel reassured but nothing is working today. I have had spotting / unusual bleeding now for 2-3 months as well as some discomfort when urinating. Having just examined myself I can see a very small white lump at the bottom, just outside my vagina and am now terrified I have some kind of cancer. I have booked a doctors appointment but not until next week, and itís so hard to see doctors at the moment! Has had anyone had similar experiences? Iím so worried I canít concentrate and canít eat. Btw Iím 33 and have previously had high risk HPV (but last smear was clear)

Re: Vulva cancer?

It could just be a cyst or a spot or a boil.

ďDon't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.Ē - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysworried87 View Post
    Hi everyone, this is first time posting. I often read this forum to try and feel reassured but nothing is working today. I have had spotting / unusual bleeding now for 2-3 months as well as some discomfort when urinating. Having just examined myself I can see a very small white lump at the bottom, just outside my vagina and am now terrified I have some kind of cancer. I have booked a doctors appointment but not until next week, and itís so hard to see doctors at the moment! Has had anyone had similar experiences? Iím so worried I canít concentrate and canít eat. Btw Iím 33 and have previously had high risk HPV (but last smear was clear)
    I havn't got advice but I can sympathise as this is my current fear amongst others. I found a little red lump/spot on my vulva at the weekend after being really itchy 'down there'. I've not booked a doctors appointment as trying to tell myself how rare it is and that it might just be an ingrown hair or spot as it looks like it has a head on it. I also had bleeding in between periods for years and finally got it checked out a few years ago and was told after a scan that it was probably just hormonal so it could just be the same thing especially if you're currently stressed.

Thinking of you as I know just how debilitating it can be :(

I've got about three small lumps that need looking at. I've had them a while truth be told and presumed they're because I used to shave 'darn thar' (otherwise my pubes hung out of my knickers like Tarantula legs) but I've seen discovered that shaving bumps generally go when you stop shaving and I haven't shaved since last year because of atrophy - so it's off to the GP I'm going..

Vulva lumps and bumps are very common and vulva cancer is very rare and accounts for less than 1% of total cancer cases - it's also generally an older lady's cancer with only 15% of cases affecting women under 40. However, it's common sense to get them checked out, and you are, so try to keep your HA under control. X

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysworried87 View Post
    I have two small lumps and they are sebaceous cysts, completely harmless. My gp told me that cysts on the vulva are quite common.

Thread Information