Thread: New to HA

New to HA

Hi everyone,
    I have had gad for a number of years and have all the usual ups and downs but have been surprisingly not too bad this year, even with the pandemic.
    That was until my husband, then my daughter, then myself, tested +ve for covid 6-8 weeks ago. Since then I have developed this awful obsession with my health. I am aware of every thing/sensation/feeling and so far in a week I have obsessed over renal failure, kidney cancer, ovarian cancer, bowel cancer and pancreatic cancer. I am at the stage where I don’t know which of my aches and pains are real and which are imagined.
    I spoke to my GP on Friday and she was really good and prescribed Sertraline, which are still in the box because now I’m scared they’ll do me more harm.
    I’m stuck in this spiral of fear and I don’t know how to break the cycle.
    Does anyone have any advice/tips please? Anything?

Thank you

X

Re: New to HA

Please do read the sticky threads in this forum - they have loads of advice that will help

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: New to HA

Thank you, I had a look at them. They are really helpful.

thanks xx

Thread Information