Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas fairy lights

Re: Christmas fairy lights

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    It's only 2 days till Halloween and a family around the corner from us have had their big hulking strobe-like Christmas lights up for the past week already.

I"m by no means a killjoy, plus I usually try to have as much as a 'live and let live' attitude as possible and I do love Christmas lights in general, but isn't it still a bit premature in October to make the outside of one's house look like a disco?

Plus it's enough to induce an epileptic seizure when I"m walking the dog in the evening, even though (touch wood) I've never suffered from epilepsy.
    Why does this bother you? Who cares what other people do for the holidays? There are some really extreme Halloween decorations as well as other holidays in my neighborhood but eh... to each their own regardless of my 'opinion'. Yeah, some can be extreme but why let it bother you to the point of posting about it?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Today my sister posted (on FB) some pictures of her friends living room. I nearly fell off my sofa, the Christmas tree was up! When I zoomed in it was covered in Halloween decorations. I thought it was a novel idea.

I am rather partial to the little white sparkly lights that get put up in trees around our town centre. Not so fussed about flashing santas though (not the rude kind of flashing &#128513.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Today my sister posted (on FB) some pictures of her friends living room. I nearly fell off my sofa, the Christmas tree was up! When I zoomed in it was covered in Halloween decorations. I thought it was a novel idea.

I am rather partial to the little white sparkly lights that get put up in trees around our town centre. Not so fussed about flashing santas though (not the rude kind of flashing &#128513.
    This is sooo going to be your Secret Santa after that

🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    This is sooo going to be your Secret Santa after that

Santa Pervs (lol)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Why does this bother you? Who cares what other people do for the holidays? There are some really extreme Halloween decorations as well as other holidays in my neighborhood but eh... to each their own regardless of my 'opinion'. Yeah, some can be extreme but why let it bother you to the point of posting about it?

FMP
    You're right that it's rather trivial in the grand scheme of things and not realIy my immediate problem, plus I did say that I"m no killjoy and I normally have a 'live and let live' philosophy, but I'm still entitled to my opinion that it's still a tad premature right now.

Of course, hardly the end of the world though!

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post

Wow, a 'Halloween' tree!
    Originality is always key.

You? Live and let live? You hardly ever have a positive thing to say about anybody or anything!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You? Live and let live? You hardly ever have a positive thing to say about anybody or anything!
    Sorry BI, but I resent that remark.

Like I said to FMP, I have a right to express my opinion about not wishing to be visually assaulted by outdoor fairy lights with a strobe-like effect, plus I believe the family who currently have them blaring away right now don't appear to be showing any consideration for their immediate neighbours.

Thank god their house isn't in view of ours!

I'm sorry for causing offence, but you do seem to have a really negative outlook and not a whole lot of respect for your fellow human beings.

It wouldn't be so bad if you ever showed enthusiasm for anything. If that's the way you're content to be, though, not my business, especially when I don't have the good sense not to click.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information