Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas fairy lights

Re: Christmas fairy lights

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Gene Wilder? See No Evil, Hear No Evil!
    I'm going to sound like a peanut, but I actually meant Chevy Chase. National Lampoons. I always get Gene Wilder and him confused. They don't even look the same so I've no idea why

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I'm going to sound like a peanut, but I actually meant Chevy Chase. National Lampoons. I always get Gene Wilder and him confused. They don't even look the same so I've no idea why
    Ah Fletch and Clarke W Griswold. Watched Xmas Vacation last week "shitters full" cousin Eddy.

Caddyshack is another one.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I didn't even notice that, yet I've seen the film probably over 100 times in my lifetime!
    I can't just watch a film. I have to know everything about it. Also need to watch all the credits. Hubs loves taking me to the cinema lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    'Cocker' don't bother me in the slightest, to me it's always been a friendly (alternative) Brummy/Black Country expression for 'mate'!

No doubt certain scenes in 'The Full Monty' would today cause outrage amongst certain factions of our population, especially the negative portrayal and stereotyping of the Sheffield area, and making fun of the working classes!

Acceptable and funny in 1997, questionable in 2020!!
    I can watch films from all eras and understand that they are films of their time, so it's not a problem to me. I watched The Full Monty with my MIL first time around and she said something like, 'Disgusting!' when the lot came off - but I noted she kept on lookin' lol - saucy mare!

Ha! I am the exact same way! I can't be surprised going in. If I don't know all the spoilers and everything about it, I can't watch. And the first thing I do when I get a new book is read the last page - which NEVER makes sense, but I can't handle not knowing!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadyboo View Post
    Ha! I am the exact same way! I can't be surprised going in. If I don't know all the spoilers and everything about it, I can't watch. And the first thing I do when I get a new book is read the last page - which NEVER makes sense, but I can't handle not knowing!
    I often flick through a book from the back to the front. You're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I can watch films from all eras and understand that they are films of their time, so it's not a problem to me. I watched The Full Monty with my MIL first time around and she said something like, 'Disgusting!' when the lot came off - but I noted she kept on lookin' lol - saucy mare!
    Especially when the light shines out of Tom Wilkinson's bum at the end

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Especially when the light shines out of Tom Wilkinson's bum at the end
    I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall during the full strip. Apparently it was very cold in that working men's club lol

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Yes, 'TFM' was definitely 'of its time', and quite poignant in parts. I also found a lot of its F-bombs quite tedious and clichéd on occasions, even back in 97 when most of the time I wasn't generally too fussed about said word.

Finally the experts agree Christmas music is bad for our health!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ental-23161019

Cynical me thinks a new form of CBT will be out soon in the form of Christmas Behavioural Tuning

(I also won't point out the gaping hole in their conclusion regarding the lack of saturation to our fave songs which suggests it's more likely Xmas music is a bit poo...)

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information