Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spotting and missed period please read

Re: Spotting and missed period please read

Quote Originally Posted by scaredgirl86 View Post
    I’ve always had normal on time periods my entire life and they are always heavy at first then get lighter. I’m 34 now and for first time I didn’t get my period on time but I have feeling like I’m on period expect I only seen brown blood when wiping nothing else coming out is this spotting? I’ve never had this problem before and now I’m freaking out and I definitely ain’t pregnant. I have been stressed since last period and I’m worried it has to do with age to. What do you think is wrong is it serious?
    I have had this happen a handful of times over the last few years and I'm 36 if that helps. I actually asked my gynecologist about it w couple years ago. She told me that is extremely normal. She said stress on our bodies from anything can throw off ovulation which will delay your period and you might get break through bleeding which is the brown blood you're seeing. She said as long as the next one returns to normal it's just one of those things.

Thank you all. Everything you said makes sense I’m hoping my period eventually come I’m trying to just stop worrying

So I skipped my November period all together. Then I was due to start December’s on Monday, had some brown spotting/discharge and I thought ok here it is, little more on Tuesday, then nothing else. So I’m kind of in the same boat, just waiting to see. I’ll be 42 in may, mine may be down to perimenopause possibly. If it doesn’t come this month then I’ll go see my gyno next month. Sometimes our bodies and cycles are just weird.

I thought I actually had my period last night. I have the cramps I get back pain everything and it seemed more lighter blood was coming out and I seen a little clotting now I woke up today and it’s just a little lighter spotting and no I’m really worried. This is new for me and Im worried it’s something to do with ovary since my period is not coming out. I don’t know what to think

Maybe this light slightly altered 'thing' is your period. As we've said on the thread further up, all sorts of oddities can happen when you hae been stressed, for the reasons already given about hormones. You can always ring your PCP for some telephone advice. As a woman much older than you, still having periods but HUGELY altered periods from being close to menopause, I can tell you that what you have happening right now wouldn't alarm me at all, but then I am now used to more erratic than I ever thought imaginable.

You makes sense I guess I worry since it’s first time having this problem. I’m not sure if this is my period I feel like maybe my actual period is gonna come out eventually I don’t know. I don’t think i would be worried if it was late it’s that I have the spotting that worries me. I shouldn’t have looked up the symptoms you know all the worst things show up.

There's spotting and there's spotting, what I mean is that spotting can also just be a very light period, breakthrough bleeding when hormones aren't enough to allow a full period, it can happen for the most benign of reasons. However, you do a search and start reading and ALARM ALARM is always put with the words spotting. I know it feels scary when something happens that isn't usual, and you start searching for reasons and analysing, as we are told in our reproductive years to be aware of certain changes and report them. As I say, you always have the option to ring your PCP and ask their opinion, but I know that in most cases they look for a pattern rather than a 'one off' event. As someone with HA, looking for the most likely and common reasons is something to work on. You have a possible cause and effect, this is the first time (theres a first time for everything ;o) and to be honest you are now so worked up about what is happening you are probably causing changes which are altering things further.
    Last edited by Carys; 03-12-20 at 17:59.

Yea I know being worried is gonna delay it more. I don’t know I guess this could be my period I just don’t think it is what I see is usually what I’ve seen for months at start of period then get red after but I’ve never had this for days with no red it’s confusing. I still am hoping for period to come out I don’t know what else to do I really don’t want to go to dr for this not comfortable with it and like you said since this is first time she won’t do anything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information