Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotting and missed period please read

Spotting and missed period please read

I’ve always had normal on time periods my entire life and they are always heavy at first then get lighter. I’m 34 now and for first time I didn’t get my period on time but I have feeling like I’m on period expect I only seen brown blood when wiping nothing else coming out is this spotting? I’ve never had this problem before and now I’m freaking out and I definitely ain’t pregnant. I have been stressed since last period and I’m worried it has to do with age to. What do you think is wrong is it serious?

Re: Spotting and missed period please read

Why does everyone else get a response and I don’t I’m very worried about this and want to know if anyone experienced this or if it’s something bad

We have loads of posts the same as this so please do use the search facility to find them and have a read.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by scaredgirl86 View Post
    I’ve always had normal on time periods my entire life and they are always heavy at first then get lighter. I’m 34 now and for first time I didn’t get my period on time but I have feeling like I’m on period expect I only seen brown blood when wiping nothing else coming out is this spotting? I’ve never had this problem before and now I’m freaking out and I definitely ain’t pregnant. I have been stressed since last period and I’m worried it has to do with age to. What do you think is wrong is it serious?
    Sorry nobody has replied I know it gets quite anxious when you just need reassurance. Are you on any contraception? The Pill?

Hi yea i get anxious and want instant reassurance.No I’m not on anything. I’m worried cause I’ve always had my periods on time and it’s not even thats it’s late but I have feeling of having period but nothing comes out but brown I guess that’s discharge spotting I don’t know

Instant reassurance isn't good long term though. You do need to sit and rationalise things through yourself.

Then you can come on here and have a read of similar posts and you will see it is normal.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi,

If there is no chance of pregnancy, then I would say this is probably just a bit of an 'off' period.

I say this because I've had experience with it. Mine are usually fairly regular and heavy but there have been a couple periods which were essentially just brown spotting and very light. I too felt like I was on my period and I keep waiting for it to really 'kick in' but it didn't. I've read about this. Sometimes your uterus has a bit of a 'clean out' of the old blood. That's what the brown is - its just old blood and nothing to really worry about. If I were you I would just take this as your period. Maybe see a doctor if it keeps happening but this is likely just a one off.

All best.

Thanks for the advice I have been really stressed since last period that could have something to do with it right?

Yes, it definitely could have to do with it. Stress affects periods, period (Like that lol?) The delicate balance of hormones can easily be altered with anxiety and excitement, and even time zone changes and other assorted things. For example, in times of stress the body makes adrenaline instead of progesterone, and that alone can make a big difference and cause hormone imbalance.

Stress can definitely screw with periods. I think my stress is screwing with my period right now haha.

Periods sometimes are a little random. They don't always work like clockwork unfortunately. As I said I have always been one for getting heavy periods, that's my 'normal'. Earlier this year I had a super light brown period. Kept waiting for it to go red and heavy but never did. I have this before and it went back to normal the next month. I wouldn't worry about it. Check it out if it keeps happening but I don't think it will. Stress really messes with how your body functions so its likely a cause of it.

Take care.
    Last edited by Libra96; 02-12-20 at 15:52. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information